In the Spirit of the BBQ-Brethren

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
Many things have been turned upside-down during the on-going health crisis. We find ourselves in a strange, but necessary, situation as we work our way through "social distancing" and many bans of public assembly. During these difficult times, we have had changes in employment, and sometimes even loss of jobs.

The virus has changed where we go, if and how we arrive there, and even what we do when we get there. It's changed how we think about some things and even causes us to have distractions.

I have been distracted, and my BBQ-Brethren subscription had lapsed. I received a private message saying that a fellow Brethren had taken care of my subscription.

Deeply moved, and grateful for the kindness here; I was surprised being the recipient of the gift, but yet, this is the true spirit of the BBQ-Brethren.

While I won't publicly name the donor and embarrass him, I would like to thank him; as well as all of the other BBQ-Brethren for all that they do for others. All of the BBQ-Brethren I know, are always willing to help friends and strangers alike; without ever expecting anything in return. We all share our knowledge to help others along their journey learning the art of smoking and cooking meats.

Thank You to all for helping others.

What a nice thing to do and totally in the spirit of the site! This is one of the friendliest and most helpful forum sites ever.

Great story and post.

Totally unsurprising based on the quality and character of Brethren members!

These are the greatest gestures; it is twice blessed, the one who gives and the one who receives. :-D

I've said it before and still believe it: Brethren Standard.

With some outliers, this place is like the village pub in England... where you go to learn what's what, to ask for help, and to generally shoot the bull with your mates. Some days you buy your pints and "put one in" for your friends. Other times, you walk in and there's already "3 in for you" from your friends while you were away.

You're a huge asset to us all, Bob. Thanks for being here and for all the help you've been in the past.

Kudos to the donor and thanks for sharing your story. No doubt that this won't be the last time we hear a story like this because we are lucky to have so many here that are as giving.

Back