I smoked a 1/2 ham

Hoss

Quintessential Chatty Farker
On the Weber 26.Naked.No rub,no glaze,just opened the package and tossed it on until it hit 140f internal.Just an el cheapo Smithfield (not spiral sliced) shank portion ham from Kroger for $1.29 per pound.It was as good as any ham I have ever tasted.Cooked it at 300f grate temp with B&B lump.That is it.Sometimes the simple things in life are the best.Count your blessings friends.They are many if you pay attention.

On the Weber 26.Naked.No rub,no glaze,just opened the package and tossed it on until it hit 140f internal.Just an el cheapo Smithfield (not spiral sliced) shank portion ham from Kroger for $1.29 per pound.It was as good as any ham I have ever tasted.Cooked it at 300f grate temp with B&B lump.That is it.Sometimes the simple things in life are the best.Count your blessings friends.They are many if you pay attention.

Blessings counted

Thanks for reminding

Last edited:
Sometimes simple is tough to improve on. A buddy and I used to smoke a ham and a turkey and then we would carve everything and set up a roaster oven with the meat at service temp. Then we would put out condiments and buns, ice down a cooler of beer, and set out a bottle of vodka and a bottle of whiskey and mix. Those were some great parties. I think it’s time for another!

Back