Contest Announcment Hudson Valley RibFest, 8/15 - 8/17, 2014, New Paltz NY

HVRibFest

Knows what a fatty is.
The 10th Hudson Valley RibFest takes place on August 15 - 17 at the Ulster County Fairgrounds in New Paltz NY.
Checkout http://www.hudsonvalleyribfest.org

Saturday 8/16 is the NEBS Grilling Contest

• Pizza
  • Wrapped in Bacon
  • Apple Desert
  • Salmon
Sunday 8/17 is the KCBS BBQ Contest

• Chicken
  • Pork Ribs
  • Pork Butt / Shoulder
  • Beef Brisket
Complete Info http://www.hudsonvalleyribfest.org/bbq-contest/

The contest is limited to 60 teams this year.
We have the website re-structured and sign-up, including site selection is now on-line.
See you in August in New Paltz!

Rolf

Last edited:
OK, I need some feedback if the new website works...
Please let me know what works and what doesn't.
The powers at work where out of my control :pray:...

I just signed up, Looks like it worked!!! please let me know if everything came thru ok?? Remember I have that certificate for the BBQ. Thanks

The web site doesn't say anything about how to pay for the contest. Will you take a Paypal payment online?

OK, payment instructions will be sent by email later this week, based on what you signed up 4...
Will be on-line by CC and (I think) PayPal too.
...I'm trying!
:fencing:

FWIW, I just signed up and offer the following comments:

Like above, no mention of how to pay, which seemed odd.

Within the email confirmation it states
"Our vendor committee will be reviewing your application within the next few days."
Yes, I had also checked of the tailgate vending box, but it makes no mention of the fact that I had applied to compete? And since there was nothing asked in the application about what I would tailgate vend, the mention of a "review" seems out of place.

Anyway, we're looking for to being there in August!

Will take a look this weekend and let you know. We plan on being there for our 4th year and to defend my chicken title!

Didn't wait til the weekend.
Seemed to work fine for me. Got a confirmation #.
I will look for the payment email.
Look forward to the HVRF once again!

Still no email with payment info...

I got an email on Friday stating the following:

Worry not.... We are still tweaking our software, and will get back to you re $$$ in a couple of weeks. Thanks for joining us this year! Stephanie for the Ribfest crew

At least you're not waiting a month only be told that the contest was closed out, like some contests do. :twisted:

I got an email on Friday stating the following:

At least you're not waiting a month only be told that the contest was closed out, like some contests do. :twisted:

As long as you still see team sites available on the on-line form you're good to sign-up. Once we're full we take the form off-line.

FYI to all the teams that signed up for RibFest...
We are still having challenges with our new on-line signup and notifications.
Rest assured that everything will be fine.
Expect an email within the next two weeks that will have detailed information on payment and team site assignment based on your app.

Thanks for you patience!
Stephanie and Rolf

Back