Greek Lamb Ribs

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Freezer dive dinner. Found some lamb ribs from Wally World.

xBD68pGh.jpg

Never know what you're gonna get, package looked pretty good, but one of the racks has a ton of fat. Hopefully it'll render down.

Vdo7uKgh.jpg

Naturiffic Lamb Rub or Greekish is what it's now called I think.

560Kixah.jpg

Onto the Big Joe indirect, couple chunks of B&B Post Oak, 225ish to see how much fat we can render out.

KJE0gDPh.jpg

Thin Blue going...

sKk5MmFh.jpg

No matter what I tried, the Big Joe decided it was running at 260 today. Whatever, it's getting there...

AXRtLoqh.jpg

wL4O0Jah.jpg

FvnUacmh.jpg

Still amazed at how much lamb will poof up...

aj2zCzPh.jpg

j8qvvdHh.jpg

EBpqg7Wh.jpg

Forgot the plated pic, but it was Sooooo Goooood.... John (SirPorkaLot), keep making that rub! Still quite a bit of fat. Next time, will go with a lower temp and a much longer time. Maybe 6-7 hours to render down more of that fat. For under $4/lb. I'll keep experimenting, but no one complained tonight.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
You did that justice with what is the most difficult cut of lamb to smoke. It's always going to be more fatty than you probably want but do it often enough and you get used to the flavour. It's good to have acidic sides to cut through the fattiness and to be honest, make the portion size a bit smaller.

I tend to cook it at a higher temperature rather than at 225 etc because the fat just sits there and it ends up greasy. Maybe try 300F for a bit more of the fat to melt off it.

Damn I want some lamb ribs now!

Cheers

Bill
'

When I tried the Walmart special Lamb ribs...

Well, out of the two racks, I had 4 ribs with any meat at all. Couldn't eat the rest.

Looks like you did better. :thumb: And cooked em up right.

Looks great Andy! I hate when you get the extra fatty racks on the lamb ribs from Wally World. Has happened to me a few times as well.

Back