Contest Announcment Great Lenexa BBQ Battle Cancelled

NoNotTheDuo

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott
Just got the email from Lindsay this morning. 2nd or 3rd largest bbq comp is cancelled - last year there were 183 that competed; it was scheduled for June 26th and 27th. Pasted the email below.

Teams,

I hope you all are doing well and staying healthy. Yesterday the decision was made to cancel the 2020 Great Lenexa BBQ Battle. Our top priority is to ensure the safety/health of our community as we all deal with COVID-19. This was a difficult decision to make, but due to the amount of time it takes to plan and prepare an event of this size, it was best to make this decision now. And because of the large groups of people, teams, vendors and staff involved, we feel that it’s the best and safest decision for everyone.

We will provide a full refund of your registration fees as soon as possible. You do not need to do anything – we will take care of refunds and if there are any issues you will be contacted by a customer service staff member. I am sorry that the circumstances require us to cancel this year. We look forward to seeing you all in 2021!

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance.

Please note: Your 2020 registration will give you priority registration for the 2021 contest as a returning team.

Take care and stay healthy!

Back