THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BDAABAT

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bruce
Good day all! I was REALLY enjoying some terrific leftovers for lunch today and thought I'd share a couple recent cooks (including the leftovers that inspired the thread).

My lunch leftovers: chicken fajitas! Marinated the chicken in a mix of lime juice, garlic, onion, cilantro, cumin, and some other stuff. Tossed onto the griddle to get going.

Added the veg:

Plated:

Hard to make out the topper of a cilantro crema (Greek yogurt, chopped scallions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, squeeze of lime juice and some salt). MAN is that stuff yummy!

Next: grilled marinated flank steak.

Marinated flank steaks in a mix of soy, lime juice, ginger, garlic, onion, cilantro and some veggie oil. Then tossed onto the gasser.

Marked:

Sliced:

Finally, creamed mushrooms with Madeira.

Cleaned mushrooms:

Sliced:

Sautéing with diced shallot in butter:

After letting some of the liquid evaporate, added the Madeira, cooked down, then added the cream:

Even though it was only a couple ounces of Madeira added to a large amount of mushrooms/cream/butter, you can readily taste it in the final product. It was fabulous!

Thanks for looking!
Bruce

Thanks for the feedback all! Am really enjoying having a well stocked fridge and freezer!!

Bruce

Back