THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
The local market had choice rib roasts on sale for $4.79/lb. Didn't plan on cooking but could not pass that deal up. Made a paste of olive oil, fresh garlic, rosemary, sage and thyme. Then seasoned with salt and pepper. Cooked at 250 on the WSM, CAME out great. I had a rough week so getting out and cooking was exactly what I needed. Thanks for looking!

Perfectly cooked,in my opinion.I would have 86'ed the rosemary.That and cilantro I cannot learn to love.It sure is a fine looking cook though and I was not invited,so I guess it does not matter!😉

looks great, how long was the cook time? I think I will try my first one soon

Honestly I could not give you an exact cook time due to beer. Approximately 1.5 hours. The main thing for me when cooking a roast is internal temp. I pulled it a little under 130 and rested in foil for a half hour.

Perfectly cooked,in my opinion.I would have 86'ed the rosemary.That and cilantro I cannot learn to love.It sure is a fine looking cook though and I was not invited,so I guess it does not matter!😉

Being a Mexican from Los Angeles cilantro is life for me. And I do love rosemary with beef, but next time if you come down I will 86 them no problem!

Honestly I could not give you an exact cook time due to beer. Approximately 1.5 hours. The main thing for me when cooking a roast is internal temp. I pulled it a little under 130 and rested in foil for a half hour.

definitely have to go by internal temp, I was just looking for a round about time, that way its done at dinner time. All my rib roasts have been in the oven, I would have to look in my notebook, but I think at 300 degrees.

Did you sear it first, or pop it on the smoker at 250?

Being a Mexican from Los Angeles cilantro is life for me. And I do love rosemary with beef, but next time if you come down I will 86 them no problem!

I always have to substitute parsley for cilantro in recipes.I have heard if you just keep trying it,you will learn to like it.😆

danny, that looks amazing! Perfectly cooked and...

(sorry had to wipe the drool from my chin)

...as I was saying, perfectly cooked and I'm sure perfectly flavored with the Olive Oil, garlic, rosemary, and sage...

(sorry, still drooling thinking about it)

Phenomenal cook mate!

definitely have to go by internal temp, I was just looking for a round about time, that way its done at dinner time. All my rib roasts have been in the oven, I would have to look in my notebook, but I think at 300 degrees.

Did you sear it first, or pop it on the smoker at 250?

I did not sear at all. Normally I would but with the fresh herbs I used I didn't want them getting scorched.

Back