Buttermilk turkey breast?

mph33

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Charlesgriet
Right now I got a 12 lb turkey spatchcock in the fridge air drying using harvest brine. I figured this bird was a little small and went and picked me up a 6 lb turkey breast last year I saw a couple videos of people doing the buttermilk Brian for turkeys and I decided to do it with this breast. This buttermilk Brian Scott salt a little bit of hot sauce basil and powdered garlic and onion. All the recipes I've seen is roasting it in the oven. A lot of people recommend letting it sit in the bag for 48 hours before cooking. Tonight will be 48 hours. Would y'all pull it out of the bag now and let it air dry in the refrigerator to get a crispy skin and would you bother cooking this in the smoker or just cook it in the oven? The spatchcock turkey will most certainly be cooked on the smoker at 325°. Has anybody done the buttermilk Brian with their turkeys on the smoker? Would you rinse the meat off and cook it like you if you would any other turkey on a smoker?

I would wipe the buttermilk off, apply a good rub, and then cook it indirect on my kettle with no smoke. But that's just me...

Dry it off, season it and cook it next to the other one in the smoker. Then do a compare and contrast and see which method produces the favorite responses.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Robert

I did buttermilk bird few years ago on Komodo Kamado. I always spatchcock and run 400f for about 6-7 min a pound. Turned out very good but not as good as the intalian dressing, bone broth, herbs, and imitation butter injected one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back