BBQ island build! Built-in grill around $3000

Just to close the loop here - went with the Artisan 36”. Looking forward to sharing some cooks once it’s in!

Nice! Post some pics of your cooks and let us know what you think of it!

I’ve been considering similar options but at this point I will probably just give up on deciding and ignore things for a while.

I'm not knocking these grills but I literally don't get it. What makes a 36 inch grill 3 grand plus?

I kind of agree. But, the wife saw the blue LED knob lights from across the showroom and it was all over (she bought it with her money as she has a great job so...).

That said, it's a REALLY nice grill and is generally considered (along with Fire Magic) as the best grills you can buy.

I'm not knocking these grills but I literally don't get it. What makes a 36 inch grill 3 grand plus?

As with most higher end bbq stuff these are niche products. The grills are heavy duty and made of 304 stainless which is not a cheap material these days. The burners are often dramatically more robust than the tube burners you’d find on even something fairly expensive like a Weber. Some of it’s arguably overkill. The grates on some of them are incredibly thick rods. Do you really need rods that are strong enough to park a car on, probably not. Will it give you pretty cool grill marks — yes.

For a built in situation though I think it’s worth getting something really well made (and with good support). You really don’t want to have to figure out how to replace a rusted out grill head that’s installed in a 15,000 outdoor kitchen island build.

Back