THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

campdude

Babbling Farker
I'm really liking the new Pellet Smoker. Nothing bad to say about it, so far. Temps are within 5* up or down of set point. Easy to set up , run, and clean up. Not the same as burning sticks, but since that's not an option...
I rubbed a 4 1/2# butt with some franken rub and went out and lit the smoker. It lights in 3 or 4 minutes and was up to 225* in under 10 minutes. I thought I'd start low to help with the smoke flavor.

OAFWQcE.jpg

At about 1 1/2 hours I bumped it up to 280*. It settled right in in less than 5 minutes. At 3 hours it was at 135* IT.

1J4tgEw.jpg

At 4 hours it was at 155* IT. Time to through in the ABT's and a big potato. I'm liking the color so far. Not sure if I'll bump up warmer or wrap if I need to speed it up some. I'll check it in 45 minutes or so and decide.

UNKIqQJ.jpg

Stay tuned for more to come.

So I hit the stall. 5 hours in and 163* IT.

aT1M49Q.jpg

I would like a little darker color, but need to move it along , so I foiled it and bumped up the temp to 325*. I don't want the ABT's to burn. Might wind up being pre-dinner snacks if they finish to fast.

iwMIdeO.jpg

I'll peek at them in a while. Starting to get hungry every time I go out and smell that glorious smell of smoke, pork, bacon, and jalapenos!

Back