107° with 40+ MPH Winds but....

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
No lightning and no snow, so let's cook. Big beef ribs found yellow tagged. $9 😋. Going to smoke in my new PBT with PB Post Oak pellets. Seasoning is smoked Redmond Salt and 16 Mesh CBP

Side is going back to my younger days of Frito Catalina Salad. Icebox cold salad with a hand cramping cold Shiner X2.

Walked 3 mi before the heavenly heat lamp activated. High speed winds began early.

Go outside and cook something

Last edited:
It is weird when it crosses that threshold where the wind doesn't make it cooler, it makes it hotter. You're like a naked chicken standing in a convection oven.

Though all this talk of extreme heat makes me want to go do some cycles in my friend's 225F sauna. Alternating time in the cold tub. Rinse-repeat.

Coming along fine.
178-182 by Thermopop. I'm finding that with this small cooker there is not much temp swing to deal with
Cheers Cervesa #1

Last edited:
For anyone reading this, please ponder. Recently cowgirl mentioned in one of her threads, comments ---or somewhere about her smoked salt. Perhaps a salt thread?? Anyway cowgirl said or I comprehended that she will use smoked salt on items that she cooks inside?? Close? Anyway what I remember made great sense on a different level. For whatever reason pellet cookers are known to produce less smoke taste/flavor than other methods of sticks, lump, briquettes, chips, chunks etc. Actually it's probably just an extremely clean smoke that senses haven't adapted too. So I bought me some smoked salt. Redmond Real Salt Bold. A blend of five woods used to smoke the salt. So I've been sprinkling some on cooks using my pellet cookers. I've used it on eggs. Not too much, I'm still a pepper forward person.
But it's really nice to kick up the smoke flavor a rung or two. Even if you're not cooking out. It's not cheap, but it is quality and should last a good while

For anyone reading this, please ponder. Recently cowgirl mentioned in one of her threads, comments ---or somewhere about her smoked salt. Perhaps a salt thread?? Anyway cowgirl said or I comprehended that she will use smoked salt on items that she cooks inside?? Close? Anyway what I remember made great sense on a different level. For whatever reason pellet cookers are known to produce less smoke taste/flavor than other methods of sticks, lump, briquettes, chips, chunks etc. Actually it's probably just an extremely clean smoke that senses haven't adapted too. So I bought me some smoked salt. Redmond Real Salt Bold. A blend of five woods used to smoke the salt. So I've been sprinkling some on cooks using my pellet cookers. I've used it on eggs. Not too much, I'm still a pepper forward person.
But it's really nice to kick up the smoke flavor a rung or two. Even if you're not cooking out. It's not cheap, but it is quality and should last a good while

Thanks Adams. I use the smoked blend on many things. :grin:

Your supper looks grand!

It's too hot for me to eat today. :laugh:

Back