ಚಿಕನ್
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Unread 05-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #16
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Will bring stove, pot, table and will check Taylor today. If no freebie, maybe discount. If you are getting it anyway, should we bring kettles?

What about putting the eggs in alum pans and making brownie-like eggs (simple quiche) and then just cutting? You can cook in the smoker at 300. Cheese would bind it nicely
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King!
BigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #17
Mrs. Sawdust
On the road to being a farker

Sorry we can't be there but we'll be thinking of you guys. Hope you all have a great day.
Equipment:
"Sam-I-Am: XL Big Green Egg
"R2 and D2": Twin 22" Weber Smokey Mountains
Brewery:
Custom Made Automated Souped Up Sabco
Mrs. Sawdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #18
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarry View Post

What about putting the eggs in alum pans and making brownie-like eggs (simple quiche) and then just cutting? You can cook in the smoker at 300. Cheese would bind it nicely

Smoked Eggs? Been there. Sold the tee shirt.

seriously, that take to long. I'd rather put all the eggs into 5-6 foil pans and lay them across hot grills and get them all done quick.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #19
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Is the meeting still on for tonight?
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #20
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Smoked Eggs? Been there. Sold the tee shirt.

seriously, that take to long. I'd rather put all the eggs into 5-6 foil pans and lay them across hot grills and get them all done quick.
Kinda meant that - high heat on smoker but I guess the smoke flavor would be bad. Got it.

Pan cooking on grill would save labor, though. Make sure you use oil in pans.
Webers: Smokey Mountains (2 18.5" and a 22.5") - Performer 22" Silver - Go AnyWhere Charcoal - Smokey Joe Platinum - Craigslist Silver Gasser
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #21
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarry View Post

Pan cooking on grill would save labor, though. Make sure you use oil in pans.
Have no fear....Phil's an expert at cooking eggs on a kettle. We cooked a ton of eggs at the Kingsford event as part of the pork tenderloin breakfast burritos... and I may be wrong, but no oil was used in the pans.... Phil's really skilled at using a spatula to scramble without burning...

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 08-30-2007 at 10:00 PM..
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #22
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeBBQueen View Post
Is the meeting still on for tonight?
I don't think so Julie, aka Queenie,
I am home, not there, not square.
Pretty sure the prior posts re the sked etc. sums it all up for what is happening.
As they said on the old A Team tv show, "I love it when the plan comes together."
I am sure we will all bring stuff in addition to all the other.
See y'all Saturday, late morning.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #23
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westexbbq View Post
I don't think so Julie, aka Queenie,
I am home, not there, not square.
Pretty sure the prior posts re the sked etc. sums it all up for what is happening.
As they said on the old A Team tv show, "I love it when the plan comes together."
I am sure we will all bring stuff in addition to all the other.
See y'all Saturday, late morning.
Amen, brother.

"I pity the fool!"
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!
Unread 05-03-2007, 12:42 AM   #24
bbqjoe
Banned

Man, I'd love to be there, but it's such a long walk.
Youse guys have fun!!!!!!
bbqjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #25
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

I'm leaving late tonight or very early tomorrow. Will get a day of yak fishing in. Saturday is also a demo day with lot's of kayaks there to try out. Consider it if you;ve never done it and bring some clothes to get wet, or even better clothes to stay dry in. I'll be the fat guy inthe grey dry suit with red trim :)
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #26
Porky
is One Chatty Farker

I will be at Floyd Bennett on Sat at the baseball fields officiating a double header from 10 am-2pm. I will try to stop by if I get an opportunity. If you guys need a break stop by the fields and say hello and catch an inning or 2. See you then.

Les
Weber OTG Walnut handle from Marty Leach
KCBS #20486,FBA certified Master judge,IMBAS (MOINK BALL) Certified

Like what you do. Do what you like.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #27
MrsBigBarry
On the road to being a farker

Thanks to the guys who helped BigBarry out last night. One of the fisherman was a Federal Officer and was able to get help right away.

He got home safely just after 9:00 AM this morning with his arm in a sling. He slept for about six hours and is now watching TV and eating a bit. His knees are scraped up and his shoulder, upper arm hurt, but he should be okay.

Certified KCBS Judge
Webers: 2 18" Smokey Mountains, 1 22" Smokey Mountain
Performer 22" Silver
Go AnyWhere Charcoal
Smokey Joe Platinum
CL Silver Gasser
MrsBigBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

I suppose some explanation and background feedback would be in order.
Late last evening Barry suffered a disclocated shoulder accidentally and spent the rest of the evening at a local hospital, Coney Island I believe, where they "popped it back in" and fitted him with a sling.
Being the brethren trooper that he is, as several of us were prepping the fixings for breakfast his morning, shortly after the sun came up, who appears strolling across the tarmac but Big Barry himself, ready to pitch in and help us all finish!
Last I heard, 16 hrs in the sling and Barry should be back on the mound in no time.
Wait til' yall hear about how the rest of the weekend went!
(It's all good.)
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #29
MilitantSquatter

Wow...I'm tired. After loading up my trailer and then helping Scott and Phil get Phil's trailer in order, I was home around 1PM.

24 hours were a blur of motion.

Slept all afternoon... Good time, lots of work but we all worked together and got through it surprisingly well conisdering the sheer volume of food being cooked.. (on the way home it reminded me of how much we cooked at the Kingsford event).

It was a real scene when Westex sets up a table, with his cowboy hat and BBQ apron while all the kayakers were standing nearby waiting for food. You would have thought Westex was like some BBQ god ready to put on a demo for the public !!!!

Really sorry about Big Barry Poppins... but seeing him walk through the trees in the early AM with a sling on his arm and gauze bandages on both legs, smiling and waving was classic.. Mr. Poppins was back in action cooking up breakfast after being in the hospital all evening...

I had no clue anything happened. at 1AM I was sleeping in my truck. I saw a bunch of flashing lights, but I assumed with all the wind coming off the water that there was a storm and there was lightning flashes in the sky.

Julie and Tim show up in the AM around 5 AM or so, and next thing you know, we are in Phi's trailer cracking and scrambling several hundred eggs.

It was great to meet Scott(yakfishingfool). Real solid guy, who worked his arse off as well cooking, cleaning and ensuring we all hit the timelines while sacrficing his day on Sat. to actually fish out of his kayak.

I think he got a good taste of the LI Brethren although we were so busy, we really did not get to hang out much and really let loose.
Unread 05-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #30
BigBarry
is One Chatty Farker

Well, I have to thank all the Brethren and the 'yakers for all the help.

Background - After most everyone went to bed on Sat. night, we got some nasty wind with gusts over 35mph around midnight. I played camground monitor and got some folks up to break everything down so it wouldn't blow away.

I crashed when I tried to get up off the cooler after dozing off...Mind you, I was drinking but wasn't hammered - just exhausted. Went to get up and lost my balance and crashed hard into the concrete.

Thanks to the two young federal agents who were late arrivals to the tourney that saw the accident and got help lightning fast.

DO NOT EVER got to Coney Island Hospital. Ever. Under any circumstances. Sew your own arm back on if you have to.

Feel sorry for the 'yakers...small craft warning pretty much killed the tourney for them. Hey, at least they ate good.

I gotta say that I have never seen a group of people work so hard and so well together. We really were smokin'!! Organizing, delegating, leading. We really clicked.

I also had a GREAT time (boo-boo aside) and I would do it again in a heartbeat. People were drooling, then raving over the chow. They were pressing up against the tables to watch us work.

Good charity, good people, good times.
BBQ - Bring Beer Quick!