ಚಿಕನ್
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Unread 05-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Going to Willie B's . . . .

. . . . is what I hope to be saying in a month or so.

My wonderful wife put togther a baseball trip after she found out one of the contests we were going to cook was cancelled. She knew I was bummed so she decided I needed to watch some live baseball (my 2nd favorite sport)

So at the end end of June we fly to Pittsburgh and meet up with a friend from Cleveland and watch the Pirates, then we drive to Philly for a game then down to Baltimore and finally up to the Bronx before driving back to Pittsburgh and flying home.

So I was thinking since we are driving somewhere around (rounding up here) a million miles. I thought a detour to Long Island before heading to the Yankees game to see brother Willie would be awesome. (OK it is less than 1000 miles round trip according to mapquest but with flights to and from Nebraska I am sure it is closer to the million mile mark.)

So I bring this up to my wife and say it would be a great idea and give us more to see and do. She replied "do you know how far out of the way that would take us"

So hopefully I will get to say Going to Willie B's tonight is in the cards in early July.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Sounds great, let us know, we'll plan a party :)
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great news Tom!
Hope y'all can make it.
Yankee Stadium to Willie B's is only about an hour or so depending on time and traffic.
Let us know for sure so we can all gather.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #4
MilitantSquatter

Find out the start time of the game and the day of the week it is and one of us can give you the details on ensuring you make it back to Yankee Stadium in time... it can be a really smooth ride or a traffic jam depending on when you need to be there.
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

By July you may want to skip the Yankees game and just stay at Willie B's.

Saddles BBQ Bistro

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

smoothe ride on the cross bronx on a game day HA!!!!!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #7
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

i think it should be willieBs AFTER the game if its a day game. Party, stay the night local, party again the next day, then drive home. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
Roo-B-Q'N
is One Chatty Farker

Just looked at the schedule and it is a night game. We are planning to get up to at least Trenton after the game in Baltimore on Sunday, so it looks like a stop over the lunch hour would be the best and hang around as long as we could before getting to the stadium for the game Monday night.

I' ll keep ya all posted.
Large Spicewine, Backwoods Smoker (Party), WSM, Oklahoma Joe's Offset, Wood Fired Oven
Roo-B-Q'N is offline   Reply With Quote