The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
MilitantSquatter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Differences in Fab B, B lite, C & P

I'm still on the fence about even attempting to use the FAB injections. I originally said it looked like the back of the ingredient list on a TV dinner box although other threads have since detailed what each ingredient is and it's purpose....

Still, my interest was sparked again after having several discussions with other competitors at the Bristol contest about the extent of it's use at at contests. Anyway, I looked at the ingredients closer and noticed they practically all look identical...

My question is not if this stuff is any good, as that has been discussed previously. I am just curious if anyone knows specifically how each of the four products differentiate and what makes each specific to a type of meat...Is it strictly ratio variations or a way to sell more product ?

FAB B Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. FAB B Lite Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. FAB C Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and peanut oils, sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. FAB P Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and peanut oils, sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.

Unread 05-25-2006, 05:05 AM   #2
LostNation
Full Fledged Farker

Vinny, Joe Ames, owner of The Ingredient Store, was at the Bristol contest. If you email him he'll answer any and all your questions, he's a great resource about any ingredients you may ever need or use. His address is on his web site.

Unread 05-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #3
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Ditto, contact Joe. He's very open, honest and informed about his products.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #4
MilitantSquatter

Thanks guys... I will send Joe an e-mail just so I better understand what the differences are....and get his insight behind the product.

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 05-25-2006 at 09:17 PM..
MilitantSquatter is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
Sledneck
Time Out

Dont do it!
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
Samichlaus
is one Smokin' Farker

I would guess the differences are there to enhance that type of meat, like a chicken rub & a rib rub might have a bunch of similarities but tweeked to that specific thing, keep in mind this is pure speculation.

I've only used Fab B on a couple of briskets and chuck rolls. I am really pleased with the product.
Samichlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #7
jgh1204
Babbling Farker

I used it for the first time this past weekend. Everyone loved the chuck roast that I used it on. Definitely made the meat darker and gave it a real beefy taste.

Unread 05-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck
Dont do it!
Why Steve?

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
Sledneck
Time Out

Go all natural! We have enough crap in our systems
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote