Stick Burner exterior shelves

PDsQ

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a meadow creek ts120 trailer. I bought it with the standard exterior shelf made of painted expanded metal. Would like to replace/modify it with something easier to clean off. Was thinking about using cutting board material or wood. Suggestions or ideas?

The obvious answer is stainless however on a more cost effective note I do have one shelf that I ordered a custom cut NSF poly cutting board for and bolted on with stainless carriage bolts and used washers under the expanded metal works great! I ordered mine 1/2in thick and black so the stains don't show plus if I want I can remove it for cleaning or replacement.

I know of people that just wrap the shelf in aluminum foil and just wrap the shelf with it. Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about the stainless, but besides cost I didn't like the idea of cutting on it. Figured it would kill my knife blades. Cutting board material may be the best way to go. Have you tried cutting it yourself?

I went directly to a plastics fabrication company (there is a great one in Kansas City) and just ordered the size I wanted. Got it home, used a router to round over the edges, and it has worked perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about the stainless, but besides cost I didn't like the idea of cutting on it. Figured it would kill my knife blades. Cutting board material may be the best way to go. Have you tried cutting it yourself?

It can be cut easily on a table saw. Be very careful, though, that whatever you use, you don't cause binding - that could be dangerous.

Had the same shelf on my trailer pit. Went with a stainless shelf and made it as deep as I could. The outer edge of the shelf stops 1/2 inch from the edge of the fender. Mounted it with combination of pop rivets snd high strength clear Silicone adhesive. Do what I did. First design your shelf (inside dimensions) and decide on the guage you want. Shop around for local sheet metal shops and get quotes. Everything included, mine cost $170.00..

I ordered mine cut to size with rounded corners and a edges from cuttingboardcompany.com. If I remember mine was like $60 it's 43inx10inx1/2in thick if you go with standard white it's about 30% cheaper than the black if I remember correctly.

Back