BBQ on the Farm - Yardley PA (5/18-20)

Kirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
...BBQ on the River , Bristol, PA will now be known as the "BBQ on the Farm" and will be held at Shadybrook Farms in Yardley PA, just off I-95 by the Newtown exit. I just got the following e-mail from Tom Christine:

Hey Kirk
We finally got the ok for our contest. We will be moving it to Shadybrook Farm in Yardley PA. It will be May 18,19,and 20. It will be called BBQ on the Farm. It should be in the Feb issue of the Bullsheet. If you want an app let me know. Also we will be having a backyard competition on Saturday
Tom Christine
Smoken Dudes BBQ Co

I'm psyched. This will be my first "real" contest and it's right around the corner from my house. We might have to have a mini-bash right here! Oops, I hope my wife didn't hear that. :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Kirk...

Can you please PM me an e-mail address for Tom ? (not sure if the e-mail address I was using is valid. I never got a reply from previous e-mails) I'd like to request an application too.

Does this Shadybrook Farm have anything to do with the turkey company of the same name ?

Last edited:
Kirk said:
...will now be known as the "BBQ on the Farm" and will be held at Shadybrook Farms in Yardley PA, just off I-95 by the Newtown exit. I just got the following e-mail from Tom Christine:

Hey Kirk
We finally got the ok for our contest. We will be moving it to Shadybrook Farm in Yardley PA. It will be May 18,19,and 20. It will be called BBQ on the Farm. It should be in the Feb issue of the Bullsheet. If you want an app let me know. Also we will be having a backyard competition on Saturday
Tom Christine
Smoken Dudes BBQ Co

I'm psyched. This will be my first "real" contest and it's right around the corner from my house. We might have to have a mini-bash right here! Oops, I hope my wife didn't hear that. :-D

The Polocks will be there. Vinny is right! It is one of the better run contests around.

Not the turkey farm Vinny, different Shadybrook. PM sent.

Guy, looking forward to seeing you there and Rich Decker too.

Fall on my anniversary, i could just picture it: Honey there is this contest on May 20.........

This event is now listed with contact info on the KCBS schedule.

I'm gonna give this one a Judge shot.
Thanks for the post.
Wes

Just got an e-mail confirmation from Tom Christine that was sent to competing teams who have entered to date... Looks like 21 teams so far have signed up..

I saw recognized quite a few names from here

Kirk, Guy & Michelle, Nancee, Rich Decker's nephew - Steve, Lo' N Slo', smangold...

Anyone else planning to cook ???

Yowza, yowza, yowza! This will be the first event of the year for the Polocks and we are really looking forward to it.

Dang it. Was just about to registered and realized this is the same weekend as Memphis in May. Looks like a good one, though.

I should be on that list. I'm catering an event at Doylestown CC on Thursday. On Fri we'll dump the pit and gear, do a little partying then it's down to a Phillies game. On the way back we'll experience some of the City of Brotherly Loves night life. May be go see some river dancing...

LostNation said:
I should be on that list. I'm catering an event at Doylestown CC on Thursday. On Fri we'll dump the pit and gear, do a little partying then it's down to a Phillies game. On the way back we'll experience some of the City of Brotherly Loves night life. May be go see some river dancing...

Rich - I did not see your name/e-mail address with all the others. Might want to follow up with Tom... I can forward you the confirmation... I did see your nephew Steven's name though.. Is he competing separately with the new Meadow Creek ??

PS - Bringing down Cheesesteaks ?? :wink:

Last edited:
MilitantSquatter said:
Rich - I did not see your name/e-mail address with all the others. Might want to follow up with Tom... I can forward you the confirmation... I did see your nephew Steven's name though.. Is he competing separately with the new Meadow Creek ??

PS - Bringing down Cheesesteaks ?? :wink:

I sent my application in last week, I check later with Tom. Steve, Loren and Scott Readlinger are forming their own team " Fat Angle Barbecue". We'll cook together in a couple contests, and against each other in a few. Their first one is the Brooklyn one .

Hey everyone. I just found the Brotherhood and joined today. We will be at Yardly also. This will be our first of the season and we are ready to go. We've been practicing all winter for this year. Hey, cold feet and 40lbs extra and I think we are ready to go.
Hope to see everyone there.

Welcome Porkmeister... Be sure to head to Cattle Call section to say hello to the entire group !!

See ya in Yardley !!!

Back