• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Half & Full Pans - How many does it feed?

Wicked Smoke BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been through the last 20 pages and maybe I missed it and if I did I appoligize for that. I'm trying to figure out yield for a half pan and a full pan full of these sides, baked beans, mac & cheese, corn on the cob, and cole slaw. My thinking is 4oz per side if only two sides. If it goes to 3 or more sides then drop down to 3oz per side.

I've been through the last 20 pages and maybe I missed it and if I did I appoligize for that. I'm trying to figure out yield for a half pan and a full pan full of these sides, baked beans, mac & cheese, corn on the cob, and cole slaw. My thinking is 4oz per side if only two sides. If it goes to 3 or more sides then drop down to 3oz per side.

We have always found this handy PDF to be very accurate regarding serving sizes per equipment items, etc.

LINK

Another good reference:

LINK

2 1/2 hotel pan holds roughly 50 servings give or take. One filled with baked beans will feed 60-70 people yet it will only feed 40 for mac n cheese so it really depends on what you put in them. As a guideline though you can figure a minimum of 25 serving from a half pan and 50 servings from a full. Bizznessmans links show an accurate quantity for maximum capacity but I find if I fill them that much I end up spilling it everywhere so that is why I figure 50.

Anyone have an idea of how many half ears of corn on the cob would serve from both the half and full pans?

2 1/2 hotel pan holds roughly 50 servings give or take. One filled with baked beans will feed 60-70 people yet it will only feed 40 for mac n cheese so it really depends on what you put in them. As a guideline though you can figure a minimum of 25 serving from a half pan and 50 servings from a full. Bizznessmans links show an accurate quantity for maximum capacity but I find if I fill them that much I end up spilling it everywhere so that is why I figure 50.

Good catch HBMTN. :clap2: I didn't think to mention that fact. Filling to the max capacity just causes waste so adjusting down on those numbers a bit is very good advice.

Back