Eastern NC pork butt on the smokey joe....oh no he didn't

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
First off, yes, I have a problem. I'm at the beach and went to the store to get some seafood and came back with a pork butt. I could not resist. I was not prepared, all I have is a smokey joe for grilling but I am going to make this work. Here it goes, gonna need multiple posts cause I am uploading from my phone, one at a time.

The setting: Oak island. NC, oceanfront
View attachment 99936

Last edited:
At the 2.5 hour mark, have no clue what temp I'm cooking at, I'm guessing low 200's based on the lack of color. I'm getting ready to go pull an IT, updates to follow.View attachment 99943

Last edited:
spent many a vacation not far from you in Holden Beach NC...great memories....love George's as well...looking forward to results

Your Butt is gettin a nice tan Shenco :wink: I wanna hear about the Georges sauce if you could palaver on that when you aint slurpin a cool one. I give up on them lil umbrella drinks and stick to easy open cans for safety reasons I almost put my eye out once back in 94 with the dang things in Vero Beach Fl staring down a pair of loose 44'ds terrorizin the the Canadians and scarin the lil childrens :tongue: Life can be a sunny beach!:heh:

Georges is a good store bought Eastern NC sauce ...as far as bought sauces its the best I have tasted

Your Butt is gettin a nice tan Shenco :wink: I wanna hear about the Georges sauce if you could palaver on that when you aint slurpin a cool one. I give up on them lil umbrella drinks and stick to easy open cans for safety reasons I almost put my eye out once back in 94 with the dang things in Vero Beach Fl staring down a pair of loose 44'ds terrorizin the the Canadians and scarin the lil childrens :tongue: Life can be a sunny beach!:heh:

I hear you! I stick the bloody Mary's for breakfast and bud diesel from there on out.

George's is made in Nashville, nc, close to rocky mount. Traditional vinegar tomato, with a hint of Apple. Very heavy on the red pepper flakes, so much so that sometimes I strain out the red pepper.
View attachment 99947

Last edited:
Back