7/28 Overnight Choice Brisket Cook

s0upb0ne

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have the day off tomorrow and decided to cook a brisket for the family overnight.

Dropped by Restaurant Depot and picked up a 14 pound choice 'Superior Angus' Brisket.

imagejpg2.jpg

Needed a good bit of trimming

imagejpg1.jpg

But overall looks like a good piece of meat.

imagejpg3.jpg

Don't have any picks of it trimmed, but rubbed it with a mixture of paprika, kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and a touch of red pepper.

Will post pics when I drop it on the egg :thumb:

Egg filled with lump charcoal and Jack Daniels oak barrel chunks. Grill stabilized @ 225 using CyberQ Wifi aid in temps. Plan to ride this out @ 225.

donebrisket1.jpg

how long did you let it cook for? Did it have a nice bark

If I left home right now, I could probably be there just in time for leftovers!

Looks good, and looking forward to seeing the progress.

10 hours into the cook. Pit @ 225. Internal Temp @ 177.

Pic before the wrap

Last edited:
Off the grill @ 196 - probed easy

Pic of the flat

Burnt Ends ( and someone sneaked a fatty in the pic)

Figured since I 'found' a fatty on the grill why not make some of those 'wampus' beans I hear so much about ..

The inner majority of the flat was tender and juicy. The ends of the flat were not as juicy as I like, but overall a good cook. I should have pulled a little earlier, but I feel good about the cook.

Looks tasty! I work 24 hr shifts, and that would be a great midnight snack for the crew here!

Family enjoyed the brisket and the beans!

Here is the temp curve for the cook. The top line is the pit temp and the bottom two are probes in the point and the flat. The first spike in pit temp is when I wrapped and the last is when removed it from the pit. Pit temp was pretty even. I think it was a little overdone but overall a good cook.

What thermometer did you use to get the full cook graph? By the way your iPad needs a charge:razz:

An app I use with the CyberQ called 'The Pit Pal'

Back