Birthday Dinner for the Missus!!! Lamb + Potato's

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Sorry in advanced for the Non-Q cook! Wife wanted me to share this special dinner with you guys!

She requested for her birthday Lamb over potato's. Never cooked lamb before so here's my attempt at it! This is a Simi Live cook! cooking as I make this thread!

Here's the ingredients. Lamb 1/2 leg shank, Garlic, Green onions, Oak Ridge Santa Maria seasoning, Potato's and beef stock.
IMG_0881_zpsb8f2eoa8.jpg

De-boned the lamb shank. I also plugged the meat with garlic. about 6 cloves.

IMG_0882_zpsxsgdo2zz.jpg

I sliced the Green onions up with a little extra for scallops and diced garlic. Added it to the potato's. Also seasoned the potato's with salt+pepper. Rubbed the lamb with the Oak ridge Santa Maria rub!

IMG_0883_zpslijzndos.jpg

Browned each side in the iron skillet!

IMG_0886_zpsdgfcgcxp.jpg

Put the lamb over the potato's and foiled. It's in the oven right now at 350. Gonna cook for 30 minutes. Gonna pull the lamb out at 150. If the potato's aren't done I'll wrap and rest the lamb and finish cooking the potato's.

IMG_0887_zpsahj55vxz.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the final pics! Potato's ended up slightly over cooked. They were small potato's I should of halved them. but the wife's not complaining! Must be good! Now time to enjoy the evening!

IMG_0896_zpsjdvv01iv.jpg

IMG_0903_zpsse507j1j.jpg

Sorry again for a Non-Q or outdoor cooking! To make up for it here's a sneak peek of my day tomorrow! 16lb brisket going on the WSM! HOPEFULLY! If it thaws in time! Planning on cutting the thin side of the flat to make it fit on the WSM. Gonna grind that up for a couple burgers for lunch!

IMG_0904_zpssqrzfqzh.jpg

potato looks good. what did you use the beef stock for?

Back