• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Flame Boss 200 or Stoker II????

jmed999

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm wanting a controller that has wifi capabilities. I like the Stoker II due to adding multiple blowers, probes, etc. :becky: I have a feeling wifi is more complicated to set up on the Stoker II though. :redface:

Which wifi is easier to set up?

Which company has better customer service?

Thanks for your help!

:clap2:

I can't speak for the Stoker, but my Flame Boss was a piece of cake to set up on wifi. It detects the router, prompts you to enter the password, and you're off to the races.

The setup is a bit clunky having to scroll through characters to enter the password, but it's no big deal.

I can't speak for the Stoker, but my Flame Boss was a piece of cake to set up on wifi. It detects the router, prompts you to enter the password, and you're off to the races.

That's kinda what I thought. I don't think the Stoker II is that easy. Wish it was since I like the ability to add lots of probes.

Can anyone confirm the WiFi difficulty of the Stoker II?

Flame Boss

My wife gave me a flame boss 200 for Christmas, very easy to set up but where I have my Big Green Egg was too far so I bought a range extender from Office Depot and this thing is amazing. I can't speak for the others but I'm proud of the set up that I have :clap2:

Anyone know how difficult the Stoker II WiFi is to set up?

Thanks!

Anyone know how difficult the Stoker II WiFi is to set up?

Thanks!

I have a Stoker Wifi and love it. When you're first setting up the stoker you just hard wire it to your network and then use the web interface to configure your wireless settings. Check out this thread

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3433737

Specifically check out post #15 where there's a screenshot of what the set up screen looks like.

Never used the Flame Boss so I can't speak to how it compares. But I do love my Stoker.

I will be doing a full cook and review on one this weekend looking to make a change to these guys got one sent up to demo.

Can the Flame Boss 200 be controlled from your phone while not on your home network?

I also created a tutorial on how to setup the Soker as an ad-hoc network (no router required).

I have a Stoker Wifi and love it. When you're first setting up the stoker you just hard wire it to your network and then use the web interface to configure your wireless settings. Check out this thread

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3433737

Specifically check out post #15 where there's a screenshot of what the set up screen looks like.

Never used the Flame Boss so I can't speak to how it compares. But I do love my Stoker.

I would love to buy the Stoker II due to it's expandable capabilities but I really don't want to fool with networking.

It seems like the Flame Boss 200 is way easier to connect to wifi.

It ran my Qubed Pint Plus spot on all day yesterday easy to set up and and log in to your phone. I will be using these moving forward.

Back