**Question For Jambo Owners**

Pb's BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am picking up my new Jambo Backyard on Monday. What tips can you Jambo owners provide? As far as stick burners, I've cooked on Lang and Shirley. Any feedback is much appreciated!!!

I own a Rocking W which is a Jambo clone. She likes to run @ 275, so I let her go there. I really like the pit. Not to big but big enough for a family cook out.

I start the fire with 1/2 chimney lump and two small splits. Leave the fire door open and let things burn down 30-45 min. till I have a good coal base. Add small split and close her up damper open maybe half inch stack open full. I cook all wood from then on.

When temp hits @ 260 I close stack to 4 o'clock position on handle 3/4 open and she is set. She just needs a small fire to run clean and hold temp. Too big and your screwed you can't choke it down. Just back off open door and let it settle back.

The design allows you to control temp at the firebox and slight adjustment to the stack can raise or lower temp quickly. I was surprised that just a small opening of the intake will allow for a 275-300 temp. When you add wood I leave door ajar till stick is on fire then close. No much white smoke at exhaust that way then turns blue.

You'll be adding wood about every hour but that's how stick burners work.
I like mine quite a lot. But I'm more in tune to wood smokers than charcoal cookers

Might want to ask in the competition section of the forum as most Jambi owners compete

Congrats on the new pit

Got it cleaned out and seasoned last night, I love how it runs. So much airflow!

Quick question for Jambo Backyard owners: Is the bottom of your firebox insulated? I assumed all four sides were, but the bottom isn't on mine.

Got it cleaned out and seasoned last night, I love how it runs. So much airflow!

Quick question for Jambo Backyard owners: Is the bottom of your firebox insulated? I assumed all four sides were, but the bottom isn't on mine.

The bottom is not insulated on a Jambo.

Back