Oldest grill I've seen

Thanks for sharing. That is a cool grill. Must be putting pretty big cuts on as the spacing seems pretty big. What is the overall size there? Did it say how it was used with those short legs?

Thanks for sharing. That is a cool grill. Must be putting pretty big cuts on as the spacing seems pretty big. What is the overall size there? Did it say how it was used with those short legs?
Gotta think they shoveled red hot coals in under it from a near by fire.

Reminds me that's how i made my first fire pit. It still amazes me looking at the tools way back than and now....wow just can't improve perfection.

that is very cool and never knew people cooked like that back then , got my history lesson today . :clap2:

Thanks once again Gore for being the person who helped me learn something new today. You are really good at that. You took an interesting thread and made it more interesting with your subsequent additions. :becky:

Thanks Greg, for posting this. That is absolutely beautiful. The Greeks did some fabulous metal-work. I believe one of the largest BBQs recorded was in the Greek colony of Siracusa on Sicily where they roasted some 500 steers at one time:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116814

All I saw there was marble slabs, no metal grates.

I just went back and looked through that thread - what a great thread! Those were fun times around here Phor sure!

Back