Stuffed Pork Loin

trucky9754

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I got a real good deal on some pork loins the other day so I decided to test my skills at stuffing a pork loin. Actually I cut the pork loin like a jelly roll and then stuffed it like a fattie. I put onions, peppers, pepperoni and mozz cheese then rolled it back up. Then I tied the roast up, covered it with bacon and of course some XXX cherry rub. I really didn't know what temp to cook it to so it was not as moist as I would have liked it but I think it turned out real good. At least the wife enjoyed it.

Trucky9754

cooking on
FEC100
CS009
BGE someday

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpg
    IMG_3268.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 251
  • roast done.jpg
    roast done.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 251
  • finished roast.jpg
    finished roast.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 248
I'd like to try some...Pork loins can be tricky to cook because there so lean.....I'm not sure exactly what temp to pull 'em at, I've pulled them at 160 and been dry. And maybe if there stuffed it might be harder to get an accurate reading I'm sure some more experienced help will join in...

Firecrackerjack

I stuffed one last week with onions, jalapenos, banana peppers,green peppers, and diced pineapple. It was very good. I pulled mine off at 150* and was very pleased.

I pulled the loin when it was right at 170. My brother, Trucky1008 said I should have pulled it somewhere around 145. Next time I will pull it at 150 and go from there.

Trucky9754

FEC100
CS009

Man that looks awesome! Nice job. Never done a pork loin much less a stuffed one. I will try that one soon!

Tuck

That sure looks good. I was planning on a fatty tomorrow to break in a new grill. I might go ahead and try one of these too. I really love this forum as I have learned new ideas I would never have thought about. Nice going.

I have to agree with everybody sure dose look good, have to quit looking on when I don't eat breakfast, I can feel an early lunch coming on today. Will have to try and do a roll too.

Nice job! Looks so pretty, with all that bacon on the outside...<drool>

I'm going to try one tomorrow

That looked so good that I bought a loin this morning. Tomorrow if the weather holds, I'm going to try it. I'll pull it at 150°.

That looks awesome brotherTrucky!

I pull my pork tenderloins at 140, they will go to 145 with the carry over heat.

I do the same with thick cut pork chops, rest them for about 5 minutes and serve.
The chops are extreemly moist and perfectly done at that temp.

Learned this from a bbq class instructor at a class.

Last edited:
I'll pull loin and porkchops at 145......

I agree. IMHO, anything past 150 and it will be way to dry given today's leanness of pork. I try not to take tenderloins past 135 and loins/chops 140 to 145. I foil and rest for at least ten minutes. Don't worry, it won't kill ya :)

Back