Convection plate

Joe Black

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Thinking of making my own convection plate since delivery seems to be so slow from most regular sources. The question is what size are normal for the holes from smallest to largest? Thanks for any input.

What smoker? Cook chamber size? Seen them go from 1/4" progressing to 1",seen some start with 3/8" going to 7/8". Unless there is a proven one out for your particular smoker you will just have to experiment.

I agree that it depends on the smoker, diameter and length etc. Even at that they vary. I have a 16" Horizon convection plate in mine. Prior to buying it I borrowed one from a friend at work, from the same manufacturer. The holes in mine were all about 1 size larger than his. I don't know the sizes since I haven't actually measured them. I did think his worked a little better with the smaller holes. I could measure mine if that would help? smittyjonz is pretty close on the sizes I think

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a chart or something on the net that anyone knows of that will detail by brand and model?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_zp1-eXhVo"]Baffle Plate for Brinkmann Trailmaster - YouTube[/ame]

Bbqsmokermods.com is also a substantial selection of convection plates. I bought my water pan from them and they're legit

Back