food saver brought back to life

ironmanerik

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just wanted to spread the word, if anyone has a food saver that isn't vacuuming like it used to, replace the seals! I was ready to buy a new one, after years of service a few times a month it just wasn't doing the job anymore. 4$ worth of gaskets and its like new again.

Good tip. I have another one...
Twice mine would not light up when pressed down to seal. Took it apart and one of the pieces that pull down the handle to seal had "jumped the track". It took longer to open it up than to fix it.

One other trick is to wet the seals then squeeze out the water like a sponge. I suppose I neeed to replace the seals as well, but this is getting me by until I do.

What a coincidence. .. Ours didn't suck very good the other day. I just squeezed them in my hand with a little dish soap and rinsed them off good. Worked great after that. I searched FoodSavers website but didn't find anything model specific. I sent an email to customer service, they replied that they were universal for most models. I need to get some ordered.

I used my food saver for the first time last week. When I was done I was digging in the fridge for more stuffstuff to vac seal. Anyone else think it's so fun.

I crushed a couple beer cans with the new Weston.....Just cause I could!

One other trick is to wet the seals then squeeze out the water like a sponge. I suppose I neeed to replace the seals as well, but this is getting me by until I do.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago and found this solution on the interwebs...still haven't bought new seals.

Back