• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A pot of chili

I made some chili the other day, used
beef, onions, garlic, jalapenos, chilies, New Mexico Hatch chile powder, tomatoes, oregano, cumin, smoked salt, beer, tequila, beef stock... I think that was all. :)

added chile powder and spices..

055_zps3a3335ec.jpg

064_zpsf925d5f3.jpg

2 shots tequila. 1 for the chili and 1 for me. :razz:

066_zps1fc02825.jpg

added one chile and simmered..

068_zpsf93de764.jpg

073_zps33b0d8b5.jpg

It was kinda tasty!

Love the New Mexico chile powder Greg.. thanks again!

Thanks for looking

Okay, "KINDA" tasty! I can taste it from here Jeanie!:clap: Next, when you add the powder, spices etc to the onions, peppers, try some of that stuff on a warm corn tort! Don't ask me how I know this, but one time my buddy and I ate ALL OF THE onions, peppers just by themselves on tortillas. Yes, alcohol was involved. We then made a second batch for the chile verde were were making.:mrgreen:

Tequilla..............Shiner Bock............See Arlin, Jeanie is a Texas Girl at Heart! :clap:

I LOVE that purdy sheen on the top of the chili. That's flavor rite thar!! YUMMY!!

"Kinda" tasty she says.............:twisted: We all know that chili was fanfarkintastic! Yes, I'd hit that many times!

Bob

Great lookin' grub there! I do deer, steer & beer chili but have never thought of using ta-kill-ya in it.

Dang girl! I wasn't ready for all that fantastic prOn! You gotta warn a fella next time! :thumb:

You were warned. It said "post by cowgirl".

I made some chili the other day, used
beef, onions, garlic, jalapenos, chilies, New Mexico Hatch chile powder, tomatoes, oregano, cumin, smoked salt, beer, tequila, beef stock... I think that was all. :)

Now that looks really tasty!! Thanks for sharing.

Brian

Good stuff. We're doing a Chili Christmas party this weekend. My secret ingredient is beer. :twisted:

Fantastic looking bowl of red, Cowgirl! Your pics are chilehead eye candy, for sure.

To any brethren trying to locate pure New Mex powder, I have ordered from the Chileshop (pictured powder), for more than 20 years and never been disappointed. Pendery's is also very good. Now to get out the Dutch oven...

Now I wanna leave work and go home and make/eat chili. :hungry:

At any rate - I'm glad to see the chili powder found a good home where it's getting the love and attention it deserves! I was reading down the post, loving on the chili, and then I see the tortillas and about fell out of my chair - just simply fantastic! :clap2:

Speaking of chili, I may have a little brisket and pulled pork in the freezer....hmmmm....

Thanks for the kind words Jeannie and right back atcha! :clap2:

Oh - and a big +1 on chocolate in chili - Phu knows of what he speaks! :thumb:

Thanks for the kind comments friends! :cool::grin:

2-2.5lbs of chucksteak
2-2.5lbs of country style ribs (i know it is pork butt sliced up :tongue:)
1 green pepper
2 jalapeno
2 anaheim chiles
1 pasilla chile
* I also added 2 what seemed to be Chile de arbol but not 100% sure since my friend gave them to me and didn't tell me what kind they were*
5 roma tomatos
1 can of stewed tomatos (you could use fresh tomato's here but I ran out and didn't feel like making a run to the store for more fresh tomatos)
1 bottle of a good microbrew beer
beef broth - I used low sodium so I could control the salt a little bit more.
1 large onion
a whole lotta garlic - super accurate measurement there I know :loco:
1 1/2 tablespoon cumin
~4 teaspoons paprika
~4 teaspoons oregano
some chili powder - not sure of my measurement on this, I did it to taste and I think i ended up with about 1/4cup

I smoked all the peppers for about an hour and the chucksteak and pork for about 2hrs. I then cubed the meat and diced the chiles after smoking them. The meat I lightly seasoned with salt/pepper.

In my cast iron dutch oven, sweat out the onions, garlic, peppers/chiles. Add the meat and tomato's/canned tomatos and cook down for another hour. Add in the the dry seasonings and let it cook down for 30mins. Add in the beer and beef broth. Cook down to the consistency you want. I would taste every 30mins or so and would salt to taste towards the end of the cook. (Since the beef broth has salt in it, I salted towards the end so the chili wouldn't be too salty for my tastes)

Thanks SO much aawa!! Your recipe sounds delicious!! I can't wait to give it a try. :mrgreen:

Okay, "KINDA" tasty! I can taste it from here Jeanie!:clap: Next, when you add the powder, spices etc to the onions, peppers, try some of that stuff on a warm corn tort! Don't ask me how I know this, but one time my buddy and I ate ALL OF THE onions, peppers just by themselves on tortillas. Yes, alcohol was involved. We then made a second batch for the chile verde were were making.:mrgreen:

Tequilla..............Shiner Bock............See Arlin, Jeanie is a Texas Girl at Heart! :clap:

I LOVE that purdy sheen on the top of the chili. That's flavor rite thar!! YUMMY!!

"Kinda" tasty she says.............:twisted: We all know that chili was fanfarkintastic! Yes, I'd hit that many times!

Bob

lol Bob, Thanks!! :hug:I bet those onions are great in a tortilla... will do that for sure. :mrgreen:
lol Some of my best friends are Texans. :thumb:

Fantastic looking bowl of red, Cowgirl! Your pics are chilehead eye candy, for sure.

To any brethren trying to locate pure New Mex powder, I have ordered from the Chileshop (pictured powder), for more than 20 years and never been disappointed. Pendery's is also very good. Now to get out the Dutch oven...

mwmac Thanks for the info! Good to know. :grin:

Now I wanna leave work and go home and make/eat chili. :hungry:

At any rate - I'm glad to see the chili powder found a good home where it's getting the love and attention it deserves! I was reading down the post, loving on the chili, and then I see the tortillas and about fell out of my chair - just simply fantastic! :clap2:

Speaking of chili, I may have a little brisket and pulled pork in the freezer....hmmmm....

Thanks for the kind words Jeannie and right back atcha! :clap2:

Oh - and a big +1 on chocolate in chili - Phu knows of what he speaks! :thumb:

Thanks again Greg... I'm looking forward to several pots of chili this winter to keep me warm! Will give the chocolate a go too. :thumb:

Thanks again friends!

Back