Backwoods auto water?

Buddy

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi guys haven't been around in awhile.
I just purchased a Fatboy and was wondering how to set up some kind of auto water.
thanks in advance,

Buddy

Mine is not automatic, but way easier than the stock set up. remove the ball valve and put on a "T" with the long axis in the vertical position. I then added a short nipple then the ball valve on the bottom end. On the top I added a nipple and a bell reducer. The reducer goes from the stock size to the next larger diameter. (1' to 1.25?, don't remember exactly) that makes a funnel like opening. By choosing the right length nipple, and with a little thought you can add water without opening the cabinet. You will be able to gauge the amount to add by the position of the water in the pipe on the outside. Send me a message and I can send you a picture if you want.

It is 1.25 or 1 1/4 for the existing pipe on the cooker and I used a 2 1/2 inch bell reducer like the larger hole for adding water. When you first fill water pan mark reducer at where the water level is so you know how much is in pan and when to add water. I keep a pipe plug in the reducer when not in use works great

Water is for drinking and bathing not for charcoal cooking. :loco:

Back