Boston Butt

Smokey_WYO

Reaction score
I am throwing a BB on the traeger tomorrow morning. Anyone willing to share a new rub for me to try would be much appreciated. Pics to follow :p

Always like sharing this rub.

KC's Rub (#105) from the Brethren Recipe Database

1/2 cup Brown sugar (sifted) For Brisket reduce to 1/4 cup
2 Tbsp Hickory salt
1 Tbsp Celery salt
2 Tbsp Accent
2 Tbsp Onion powder
2 Tbsp Garlic powder
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Black Pepper

Combine all. Rub. This rub will work on anything, but is especially good on pork. Heat on this rub is quite mild. Substitute 2Tbsp of Tony C's (or Tony C's extra spice) for 1 Tbsp of the hickory salt and 1 Tbsp of the Accent to "kick it up a notch" OR Add 1 Tbsp Cayenne pepper.

4 hours in.jpg

Rest Time.jpg

Sorry it has taken so long to post my pics. I went back to work. Here are a couple pics, one about 4 hours in and the next is the start of the 4 hour rest period. Delicious is all I can say... Thanks again Wampus

If you want to step up your rub flavor, buy top shelf paprika such as La Dalia. It comes is multiple grades too: sweet, bittersweet (mildly hot), and hot. Once you try it the standard paprika at the grocery store won't cut it anymore. I buy mine on Amazon.

I have been messing around with making my own rub for a while. So far this is what I have liked so far. i am still tweaking it however.

1.5 tbs kosher salt
1.5 tbs course ground black pepper
5 tbs honey powder
1 tbs Old Bay
2 tbs onion powder
2 tbs garlic powder
2 tbs dry mustard
2 tbs paprika
1.5 tbs chipotle chili powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground corriander
2 tsp ground oregano
.5 tsp cayenne pepper

I have found it has went well with chicken and pork the best, and goes really well on scrambled eggs.

Back