Raichlen's Extreme Grilling...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who is going to be the first to try this?

http://barbecuebible.com/2014/04/04/new-technique-extreme-grilling-shovel/

New Technique: Extreme Grilling on a Shovel
By Steven Raichlen

Shovel-Steaks-630x407.jpg

New Technique: Extreme Grilling on a Shovel

Call me Spademan. From the moment I heard about this extreme grilling technique from the Australian outback, I was hooked. It requires only two things: a clean steel shovel and a hot fire, and it’s about to boost your reputation as an out-of-the-box grill master. Beach barbecues, camping trips, and even backyard cookouts are about to get a lot more interesting.

Not me. That is for sure. I think he lost his mind. lol. To each their own and got to give him props for thinking outside of the box.

I vote for Ronelle.

....just sayin. :becky:

Heck go true caveman! lol ... that's extreme.

I'm thinking that the flip may get interesting...especially when accompanied with a few beverages.

It's an old technique....also pitch fork cookin' has been around for awhile. (and hoe cake cooking)
I prefer the meat roasted with a pitch fork, it catches flame where the shovel method doesn't. (just my preference)

edited to add... While it's "cute", it's a waste of a good shovel. (again, just my opinion) lol

Thread it on a stick, much cheaper and easier. Plus, you don't ruin the shovel.

Omar

Not me man, my new razorback ain't gittin near no fire!

It's an old technique....also pitch fork cookin' has been around for awhile. (and hoe cake cooking)
I prefer the meat roasted with a pitch fork, it catches flame where the shovel method doesn't. (just my preference)

edited to add... While it's "cute", it's a waste of a good shovel. (again, just my opinion) lol

As Ms Jeanie said... Hoe Cakes!!!:thumb:

I thought of you when I read it! :thumb:

I guess if I had HIS money as well as got all my meat free from sponsors, I might try that at a drunken party for giggles... but the next day I'd feel badly for it. :)

I thought of you when I read it! :thumb:

Thanks Ron! :-D

I didn't mention it earlier but another thing that caught my eye about the original post...
Call me Spademan. From the moment I heard about this extreme grilling technique from the Australian outback, I was hooked.

Australia? When it's been going on in people's back yards in the US for years? :tape: :thumb:

Last edited:
I don't think chicken ****e would be a good rub for aged beef, so my shovel is out of the mix.

Back