Anybody familiar with these smokers??

kingt36

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I was browsing the net looking for different smokers similar to Backwoods or a Gravity feed and came across the following ebay link:

h**p://www.ebay.com/itm/271754927085

I traced to manufacturer to:

h**p://www.jd-po.com/jd-po-custom-fabrication

Is anyone familiar with them?

I was browsing the net looking for different smokers similar to Backwoods or a Gravity feed and came across the following ebay link:

h**p://www.ebay.com/itm/271754927085

I traced to manufacturer to:

h**p://www.jd-po.com/jd-po-custom-fabrication

Is anyone familiar with them?

I don't know why your links are showing up like that, but I fixed them below...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271754927085

http://www.jd-po.com/jd-po-custom-fabrication

I've never heard of them, but the basic design is similar to Backwoods, Humphreys and other cabinet style smokers.

I put the links like that as I've been on sites before that don't like active links. Old habit.

Hard to trust something with that limited feedback on eBay. One in three being a bad review......

Looks like the doors on my Abe's but the size of the LSG and not a reverse flow like the LSG. The fit and finish are a little rough on some of them but ok on others.:confused: The one bad review also sounds like Abe's who didn't keep his promises either. It would be nice if someone close could stop by and take a look at them.

What size ? And how much ?
I talked to him for a couple weeks back and forth until he gave me a deal I could not pass up. There were 2 I was interested in.

The smaller of the two is 58" height 24" width 20" depth 3 racks with 36" cook chamber/firebox. The
racks are 16x19.

The bigger of the two is 62" height 27" width 22" depth with 4 racks 48" cook chamber/ firebox.

He had one of the larger ones in stock and ready to ship but I thought it would be too big. I ended up going w/ the smaller one and he is building it now. Going to be black, pics are of the same size I bought.

I don't want to post his prices but if you PM me I will tell you what I paid.

His new site is now http://www.jd-smokers.com/

Attachments

• 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,924
  • 123456.jpg
    123456.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,923
I am an owner of JD-PO smokers. I will answer any questions that you may have. Please feel free to ask anything you like. I am not here to sell smokers. I am just here to answer questions. I noticed a few of you were questioning the quality of our work. We have had zero complaints about quality. I will say that we are not professional photographers so our pictures may look a little rough. The one blemish on our eBay account is a mix up in an address. We sent an aftermarket part to a guy but misspelled the address. So he received it late. Thanks

I am new to posting on message boards. I can email anyone some pictures if they want. Just send me a personal message with your email address. I do not know how to post pictures on here. Thanks

This is one we built for a guy that wanted a single door in stainless. I will load some more pictures tomorrow.

I am an owner of JD-PO smokers. I will answer any questions that you may have. Please feel free to ask anything you like. I am not here to sell smokers. I am just here to answer questions. I noticed a few of you were questioning the quality of our work. We have had zero complaints about quality. I will say that we are not professional photographers so our pictures may look a little rough. The one blemish on our eBay account is a mix up in an address. We sent an aftermarket part to a guy but misspelled the address. So he received it late. Thanks
Welcome! Don't take too much offense. We are a picky bunch. :becky: We look out for our fellow brethren and can be a little brutal. Post all the pics you can unless it's against the rules. Nothing we enjoy more than shiny new cookers.

@ Jes68810

Another reason why the bristles stood up is that the rating you have is low for E-bay. Not saying anything bad about your outfit, but there are a lot of horror stories about E-bay dealings. I myself have been ripped off a few years ago with the purchase of a Cannon lens to the tune of about $350. E-bay would/could not help me get my money back, and I ended up having to swallow it. I call it "Stupid Tax", and I have paid a lot of it over my lifetime. Makes me Leary of the place myself.

If you are legitimate, then I hope the best for you and hope you become successful in your endeavor. Good luck to you and welcome aboard the Brethren.

Omar

It would really help you if you had more info up about the cookers on your site. What materials do you use to make them? Are they insulated? If so, what with? Do you offer water pans or do these run without? How much charcoal do they hold? There's a lot of great cooker makers out there right now and they all have this info posted. Pricing looks real good, I look forward to more pics!

We have been doing strictly custom bbq pits and smokers for guys. We are just getting started with our website and making standard sizes. We do have a water pan and our smokers are insulated with 2" of high temp insulation. We use automotive paint so our options are endless. We also offer custom logos. Our waterpans can be drained and filled without opening the doors. To the guy who asked how much charcoal they can handle, it depends on the size of the cooking chamber. The firebox has to be a certain size to be efficient. We can also do propane, pellet, and electric.

Any issues with the inset doors? I know on mine the piece between the firebox door and the cook chamber door is one of the hottest parts on the cooker. Automotive paint doesn't do so well there. I do cook at a minimum of 300 and sometimes 350-375.

Back