"SF" Shirley Fabrication smoker up and running in California!

Turtlepower_SF

Found some matches.
Reaction score
After months of anticipation, my baby is finally here. 24"x65", 3/8" main chamber and firebox, 1/4" warmer box. I'm 4 or 5 cooks in now, and its performance has exceeded my expectations. This is a big cooker, especially considering I just upgraded from a kamado with an 18" diameter cooktop, but it's so much better having extra space to shift stuff around rather than having to move one piece of meat to get to another, or having a large cook to do and having to cook stuff in shifts. Also I can access and adjust the fire without having to lift out the food grate to get underneath. My life has just been made much easier. I fed about 40+ people last weekend, and despite having plenty of food, there was none left...it was just that good. Everyone waddled out fat and happy. side note: no I'm not a bbq professional (not yet at least), just a crazy enthusiast who likes to entertain. :grin:
It took me months of doing research (and saving money) for me to decide to go with a Shirley Fab. smoker. Once I checked out their Facebook page and got a chance to speak with Paul in person, I knew he was the man I would trust with my very important build. I really can't say enough good stuff about Paul and Tyler. Those guys are true professionals and their customer service is incomparable. I probably wasn't the easiest customer, but they handled every special request I had with no problem. Even some custom features I wanted he made exactly as I imagined, if you can think of it I'm sure he can get it done. If any of you are ready to bite the bullet I would definitely check out the ShirleyFabrication facebook page or website, or give Paul a call. Serious TOP NOTCH quality with much better prices than the major Texas builders. side note #2: I have no previous affiliation with his business, nor have I met him personally or have ever been to Alabama. I'm just a regular customer who stumbled on his website months ago, and was so pleased with the experience I figured the least I could do was come on here and sing his praises.

Attachments

• sf smoker.jpg
    sf smoker.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 542
  • 20140820_191927.jpg
    20140820_191927.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 549
  • 20140816_091355.jpg
    20140816_091355.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 20140816_091336.jpg
    20140816_091336.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 20140820_192635.jpg
    20140820_192635.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 20140820_192713.jpg
    20140820_192713.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 531
  • 20140820_192724.jpg
    20140820_192724.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 532
That is one beautiful pit!!! Whoever was responsible for the design really did a bang up job. There are so many, cleanly executed features. It has every feature needed and uncluttered look. Very, very nice!!

That is awesome looking smoker, I am sure you will have a great time putting it to use. I actually got got a text today from Paul with some pics of our patio model that is being built. While I wait for my own SF, I built a Mini WSM for my 13 year old son, using his Smokey Joe he got in the Kids Q Comp is So. Cal.

Notice a similar team fav??

Here are some of the pictures from Paul today on our built, can't wait to have it here.

How did you ship it to Cali or who did you use?

Very nice !
I got a chuckle out of the propane tank sitting next to the Kamado in the garage. Is that now a gas powered smoker? :biggrin1:

Awesome!!

Looks like you got the same frame config I got, with the shortened axle and removable tongue?

Paul came up with that for my build as I have a limited space to keep it, and it worked out so well he was going to start offering it on other builds.

Looks great, you will love it

I'm right across the bay from you.
I look at stick burners all the time and always talk myself out of it.
Getting the wood (and money) are the biggest hurdles for me,,

Nice cooker!

Awesome smoker.

"There's no one like Paul! He's like a bird the way he rides the wind! He's more than a fabricator! He's an artist" - Ron Weasley

Congrats on the new rig! I didn't know Shirley Fab started putting a logo on their cookers! :wink:

attachment.php

Design looks familiar, though :becky:

That is awesome looking smoker, I am sure you will have a great time putting it to use. I actually got got a text today from Paul with some pics of our patio model that is being built. While I wait for my own SF, I built a Mini WSM for my 13 year old son, using his Smokey Joe he got in the Kids Q Comp is So. Cal.

Notice a similar team fav??

Here are some of the pictures from Paul today on our built, can't wait to have it here.

How did you ship it to Cali or who did you use?

I like it :thumb:

One beautiful pit! Congratulations!

I'm totally onboard with where you are coming from with respect to the Egg and it's limitations on space. There are some work arounds and after market items which can help, but the freedom you have now must be a welcome relief! I can't wait to be in a position to make the change myself and SF will be my first call.

Back