Duroc butts from Creekstone

Kave Dweller

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Got my delivery of 4 Durockbutts from Creekstone. . . . Have to say, not real excited with the size. One isn't much over 6lbs, one barely over 7, two mid 8 pounders. I know I was told they were smaller then most, but didn't expect a 6lbs butt. This weekend cooking the small ones, hope the flavor is worth it, otherwise a $40 6lbs butt will seem like an expensive experiment.

Last edited:
I wasn't under the impression that they were compart brand.

How did the money muscles look

I'm guessing on a six pound butt that it looked small!!! That's always my fear on ordering meat. I hope the flavor is great!

Money Muscle is small on all 4, the two big ones, depending on how they trim up, will probably be OK, but the other two I don't think I could get any slices out of if it was a comp.

I have avoided ordering meat online for years as well, but after my last **** show (mostly due to quality of meat), I decided to try this route. I spend two weeks before a comp searching for what looks too be the best I can find locally. When you cut it out of the cryovac to find its something entirely different, it gets very disheartening to me. We will see, flavor is supposedly what counts in a bbq comp right?

D89C8FAF-77AA-449E-A57B-3F3F20764965.jpg

Tried to get a picture of the marbling which is great no doubt and a picture of how small it is.

that isn't big enough for me. and i've seen better marbling from Farmland commodity butts in 2 packs.

that isn't big enough for me. and i've seen better marbling from Farmland commodity butts in 2 packs.

The picture doesn't do the marbling the justice it deserves, I am happy with that for sure, but the size..... I can't spend $40 on a 6lbs butt, its pretty much of no use to me. Why I am sharing my experience.

Maybe the 6 pounder was for the crock pot competition?

I can't speak for the butts, haven't tried them. I order 8 racks of Creekstone ribs at the beginning of the season and they were almost all junk (thin, shinners). Won't do that again.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Compart butts. Shipping too steep for me. Commodity working here.

Shipping was free, thought I would give it a test, still have to see how they cook up before final results, just not impressed with the look so far.

We used both the ribs and the butts from Creekstone this weekend. manages a 3rd ribs and a 2nd pork. Butts are a little on the small side but the MM was fine. The new spec ribs are great - 27-30 lbs a box and 9-10 racks in the box.

Corey,

I've gotten both Duroc and Berkshire butts in larger sizes at Standard Market before, but I think there are only the Westmont and Naperville stores. I would call first though as I'm not sure about their current selection

We used both the ribs and the butts from Creekstone this weekend. manages a 3rd ribs and a 2nd pork. Butts are a little on the small side but the MM was fine. The new spec ribs are great - 27-30 lbs a box and 9-10 racks in the box.

I can see why, the flavor was great, I did two racks with one butt on the drum, was very happy with the outcome of both. The MM was dead on, the rest of the butt could have used 5-10 degrees more cook time, but I could have gotten a full box out of two of em.

Back