Tribute to the Robles Doble Burger.....Update: Lil Bobby B takes one down!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Back in the day, I worked for my dad in the garment factory he managed. The work was always hard, but fun. Typical Friday paydays were to have few brewskies after work, sometimes, okay, most times-----too many brewskies. Overtime, was ALWAYS there on Saturdays. With my dad being the Boss, I got ZERO slack. If he said be there Saturday morning at 6 AM, my arse was there at exactly 6, no later. So how does this relate to my burgers you ask, well, let me tell you. Typical Saturday mornings were..............mostly hungover dudes trying to keep their arses awake, me included. First break was at 9:30. By 9, I had collected money and orders from the guys and headed over to a lil place called Robles. Robles was the last name of the owner, Mr. Robles. That's how I knew him. Restaurant on the first floor, their home on the top floor. The place was mostly a take out joint. It was a walk in, place your order and the short order cook had your stuff out in less than 5 min. There was a big steamer table with individual pans full of EVERYTHING.......mole, red chile, green chile, picadillo, chilaquiles, rellenos, beans, rice, buche, chicharron, real hash, real hash browns, taters and chorizo, any other dish you could think of. This was mostly a burrito and BURGER joint. You could get breakfast anytime.....ask the cook for a couple eggs overeasy and then ask for the "nuts and bolts" plate---which was the eggs and one good serving of as many of the steamer table items that would fit on the plate. Mr. Robles supervised, ran the register and the Coke Machine.......literally. He hit a button on the machine, and that's how you got your drink. Cold Arse sodas too. Well, the hangover cure of all cures was the Roble's Doble! (Double). A cinderblock of a freaking burger, my friends. Cheap bun, two generous patties, two slices of cheese, two grilled slices of ham, two hot dogs sliced in half and grilled, and the usual mayo, mustard, maters, sliced lettuce and if you were REALLY hungry.....a fried egg. This burger melted all over your hands and down your arms. I always had the the FULL DOUBLE with the egg. Well, this burger cured the worst of hangovers and had this college student ready to go out and party and drink again within an hour. Course I still had to go back to work and couldn't PARTY till afterwards. Sadly, Mr Robles, passed on.
So heres my version of it. Couldn't do the ham or eggs. This version just about killed my arse. I'm not a college student anymore and my metabolism isn't in college anymore either. I've got enough calories for a few days. SO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NJOY!
Bob

Instead of ham.........bacon. Makes sense.
4525101244_2fb4cbf3a4_o.jpg

Some Polish sausage instead of cheap dogs...makes sense. I figured I'd season my new coal baskets. They look and smell so much better now. That new basket smell, suxs.
4524470993_7faa235365_o.jpg

The star of the show.......don't skimp.......All angus and one chub of JD Homestyle. Needed some mo fat in it!
4525101294_53c5d898cf_o.jpg

The assparaguss is there to add color, add fiber, and to make my pee smell funny in the morning.
4524471051_8640644cee_o.jpg

The flip o rama
4524471095_81dd2f8d7c_o.jpg

The Centerfolds.......here's one with the buns spread open!!:twisted: A few grilled onyuns under a slice of yeller and a slice of peppa jack and some maters to help it all silde down the gullet........
4525101546_799beffccf_b.jpg

Some simple mustard and a homemade chipotle and garden fresh chive mayo........GOOD CHIT! Here a shot with it's buns clenched tight, trying SOOOO hard to hold all that meat in!!!:becky:
4525102808_b1866b111c_o.jpg

Come on, you know you want a bite..........come on, bite it, BITE IT FARKER!!
4524472653_28c582771c_o.jpg

Yeah, I ATE it. I ate it ALL up. It was dayuum good. I must say, I'd hit it twice on any Sunday. NJOY!!
BURRRRPPPPPPP. Sxuse me.

Bob

Last edited:
Day-umm! Now THAT'S a burger! Great story, too.

Dang Bob, now I'm hungry....... MMMMMMM.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Now that's a burger....:clap2:

HOLY CHIT BOBMAN. That looks awesome. I definitely have to try one of those.

Great story and tribute Bob! I'm freakin starving now.

Yeah, great story and gorgeous burger. Talk about an artery clogger - but what a way to go!! Great job putting that sucker together. :clap2:

Holy crap, Bobby - that IS one cinder block of a burger! Gotta try that.
I can't imagine the bathroom experience the next day, though, what with all that protein AND asparagus. ;)

Holy crap, Bobby - that IS one cinder block of a burger! Gotta try that.
I can't imagine the bathroom experience the next day, though, what with all that protein AND asparagus. ;)

I can paint a picture of this morning for ya......let's try a scratch and sniff portrait..........maybe not.:twisted:

Thanks everyone!

It was good stuff. Still working it through..........

Bob

Back