Barbecue King Rotisserie/Smoker ???

I

Ismellsmoke

Anybody know anything about these things? 220 volt smoker with rotisserie. Interested in maybe buying it, but have no clue what it is worth or how it will perform.

The Barbecue King Company, the original smokehouse in Greenville, SC.
Invented in 1954 by R.G. Wilson, founder of The Barbecue King Company, the original revolving oven offered mouth-watering, hickory-smoked flavored meats in one compact unit.
Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Give the company a call and ask for references. It seems to be a reastaurant kind of cooker. If that's what you are looking for, go for it.
Here is the company's web site.

http://www.bkideas.com/

This looks great. If the price is low I would buy it and give it a clean and polish.

Guy is wanting $300 for it, I am trying to find time to drive up and look at it. One of the four quartz elements is broken. BKI still has some parts for it. The unit is about 40 yrs old. The current owner was told "That it works", so I am going to have to take genny and power it up, make sure the motors are good.
If you look at the third pic, you can see the 1000 watt elements above the door.

super smokers

Yes i have this smoker. It has been in my family since the late 1950's. my grandfather used this in his restaurant back in the 50's & 60's. He gave it to my father and I remember him useing it in our meat market smoking turkey's and selling them around thanksgiving. He then gave it to me and I have been using it since around 1990. Love it. In the process of finding the heating bulbs for it as 2 of them have burned out.
Anybody know anything about these things? 220 volt smoker with rotisserie. Interested in maybe buying it, but have no clue what it is worth or how it will perform.

Invented in 1954 by R.G. Wilson, founder of The Barbecue King Company, the original revolving oven offered mouth-watering, hickory-smoked flavored meats in one compact unit.
Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture003.jpg

The only thing that would deter me is, built that long ago, it's power usage might be high at current rates.

did you buy?

Picture008.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Back