Beef Clod. A 33 pound monster.

Restaurant Depot here in Las Vegas seems to always have them. I just didn't know what it was!

The first one I ever got, I thought it was several, like 4~5 small pieces.....
used to getting tri-tip & pork cushion like that....

Opened it up & was.....surprized !!!

Cooked the whole thing on a 55 barrel sideways grill w/ charcoal in one end for 9~10 hours & it was sublime !!!!

Go for it....it's a great beef flavor !!!

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
I have seen beef clod at the local Restaurant Depot, just never knew what to do with it.
That's some major dedication to the beef at 37 hours, Bravo!

I have seen beef clod at the local Restaurant Depot, just never knew what to do with it.
That's some major dedication to the beef at 37 hours, Bravo!

I'm a little daffy (California, I guess) & inject with savory additives.....keeps the general moisture level up there & cooks in a bit of extra flavoring....

clodribszukes032.jpg

this one was about 13#, a small end of a 28# one....12 or so hours @ 250~

punched thru with garlic cloves all over too......

clodribszukes052.jpg

Good Stuff Maynard ......:laugh:

Little one gets all excited about beef.....

clodribszukes030.jpg

1buckie That's some fine looking grub for sure brother. Depending on what I'm shooting for, I sometimes inject them as well. However, more often than not, I do not inject. Just depends on what I'm aiming for. Again, yours looks great.

The Smart and Final here has them sometimes.
Going to have to try it out I guess.

• Thanks
1buckie That's some fine looking grub for sure brother. Depending on what I'm shooting for, I sometimes inject them as well. However, more often than not, I do not inject. Just depends on what I'm aiming for. Again, yours looks great.

Yeah, I'm on a smaller, slightly harder to control cooker.....done some long ones, but 37 hours is Guinness Book territory !!!

The injection helps out being as it's in a small cook chamber.....easier to hold moisture....

The inject on that one, I think...was these 3:

clodribszukes018.jpg

Woosty, a really smooth hot sauce & Bord-O-Lay which is Woosty on very rich steroids...

The injection helps out being as it's in a small cook chamber.....easier to hold moisture....

The inject on that one, I think...was these 3:

clodribszukes018.jpg

Woosty, a really smooth hot sauce & Bord-O-Lay which is Woosty on very rich steroids...

Thanks for sharing your injection recipe. Sounds great. I will give it a try on the next clod that I cook which will be real soon. Again, thank you.

To everyone who responded I would like to say thank you all for the very kind words. Glad that yall enjoyed.

I bought a piece of round at RD last week and it was "only" 25 lbs. It is crazy picking up a piece of meat that big at once. Strange when compared to those "regular" 8 lb roasts.

• Thanks
Think I'm go'n to do this. Thanks for the thread! Hope I can find some hungry freinds...:laugh:

Thank you for the kind words. By all means, give one a try. I think you will really enjoy it if you are a beef eater. It's about my favorite thing to cook. Again, thank you.

Back