Celebrating becoming a Full Fledged Farker

S

Sausage Warrior

I may just have become a Full Fledged Farker in record time. I don't know? What I do know is that I have been well educated, and inspired since joining BBQ Brethren I must be bumping my gums a lot!

To celebrate my new official big mouth status I want to share what I've been cooking the past week . . . .

Starting with some Gumbo (lots of crawfish tails and crab) . . . a crumby day to be outside so I drew inspiration from a Jeanie post and went to pot . . .

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

Then there was a post about "my first pepper beef" and the photos were great . . . . . so I had to do a pepper beef while chuck roast was on sale. I did a bit of a variation by doing these little sweet peppers with onion instead of the standard bell peppers . . . .

IMG_0313.jpg

Talk about some smoke ring!!!!!

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Time to make some Italian sausage. I did half a pork butt and kept the other half for later . . . . We had the third roll for breakfast . . . .

IMG_0343.jpg

It was about 46 degrees on this day and it's time to fire up the grill with some skirt steak (I cut it in half for easier grilling) - added some Oakridge Rub of course . . . .

IMG_0330.jpg

Untitled-1copy.jpg

Finally, today's cook . . . the other half of the pork butt (bone in) marinated in some Mojo sauce (another recent BBQ Brethren inspriation from yesterday) and a baby back with some Oakridge Secret Weapon Rub!

Gonna do some cuban sandwiches today and have some ribs as a starter!

Full Fledged Farker signing off (for now)! :biggrin1:

dang, all of these cooks are drool-worthy! nice cooking!

That ALL looks great. But I'd take a man's arm off right now for a big bowl of that gumbo or jambalaya!!

Congrats on your advanced status and thanks for posting the great pictures!

Thank you for your replies. This site is inspiring and always there's something new to learn. It's comfort having others to bounce ideas off of while pursuing a passion!

Everything looks danged tasty, glad to hear one of my posts was good for something. :becky:
Congratulations on your full fledged status, I've enjoyed all of your posts here. You've been a great addition to the forum. :grin: :thumb:

Back