How many backyard contest before pro?

I like your explanation Right on Q, I would prefer to stay BY until I get my brisket right where I want it. Not to mention, the entry fees and total overall cost of competing is a little easier to justify to the wife :wink:

Hey chrischandler71, I will be cooking there in BY as well, so I will look you up. I just placed a call to the KCBS office this week to inquire about cooking pro and going back to backyard. There is a Sam's Club tournament 4 miles from my house that I want to cook in this June, so I asked about going back to BY afterward, and the answer I was given was that if we get a call in one of the categories, then we must stay pro. I thought, fair enough. And as far as policing or enforcement of the rules, my guess is by your KCBS member number, as it is required by several comps and used to keep your scores.

Ronbrad62 our team name is Ricky Bobby BBQ come by and say hello, and have a cold one.

Ronbrad62 our team name is Ricky Bobby BBQ come by and say hello, and have a cold one.

We did an entire year as a BY team before going Pro. We'll be in Lawrenceville too. Make sure to come by and say hey! We're always up for a cold one on Friday night.

Back