Cooked some chicken thighs tonight

TonyBen

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I did some searches on cooking chicken this morning and fired up the Traeger this afternoon. I marinaded 6 thighs this morning in Lawry's lemon & herb (I think) marinade and slapped them on this afternoon at ~295 for a little over an hour. Checked the temp with a probe and it was spot on for chicken doneness.

These were the best thighs I have ever made in my life! Chicken was juicy and my eyes rolled into the back of my head when I took my first bite.

Sorry, no pron....:roll:

And after all the reading I have done lately, my wife and I were inspired to buy a 12lb pork shoulder and some baby backs. Tomorrow, it's more chicken and sausages with more carne asada. Next Friday, I try my first 3-2-1 ribs! The week after, my first pulled pork. :thumb:

Sounds great Tony!
Looks you're on the right path!
...will there be Pron?:roll: *innocent whistling mod*
Keep us updated and good luck!

I'm doing my top secret comp chicken run tomorrow - and I am super confindent this recipe will eventually make history in the chicken category. don't waste your time trying to drag it out of me cause love nor money would never get it, no matter what. I'm actually signed up for a contest in a few months and it'll be my first and proly only one this year - could not resist doing just one. Hell I'm so excited I'll having a hard time not signing up for another now.

Congrats man, Look up my chicken thighs for a how too on cleaning the skin, The chicken will taste a hell of a lot better... and if you need help in the future, BBQ Brethren is the place to be for sure.

Back