Just joined in VA

rj_hythloday

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Just moved back to the east coast, got out of the Navy and went back to UT to get my degree on GI bill and now back in Viriginia where I'm going to teach middle school English. Sold my combo cooker before I left and gave me webber kettle to a buddy and got him converted over to charcoal. Looking forward to getting an actual smoker, (had been smoking in the buddies propane vault) for a bit and started adding smoking chips into the kettle grill. I'll probably go w/ a WSM once I get settled into some new digs.

So far I've smoked sea salt, almonds, macadamias, and some darn fine chicken. Going to use a kettle at a friends to do my first brisket Monday. Hoping to try and use the flat for extra burnt ends.

Welcome to the forum rj_hythloday! Thank you for your service!:cool:

Welcome!! I'm in the HR area as we'll, still active duty. Best of luck and maybe I'll see you around sometime.

Welcome aboard the BBQ Brethren rj_hythloday, glad to have you here.

Thank You for your service.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Well, you guys sure are a friendly bunch. Used to spend a bit of time on a dodge forum and a computer forum before that, and didn't get this kind of welcome.

...and I would never let match light near my meat.

Last edited:
RhUjjY.jpg

Here's some macadamia's. One night I was looking at all the smoke pouring out the top and thought why not make use of it. Cooler than inside where some raw almonds were smoking on trays. I also like to smoke sea salt on trays, those little splatter shields to keep bacon grease in the pan, I've got several just for smoking. Pecan is my favorite smoked salt for desserts.

Back