Cooking in my bedroom(Yes,my bedroom)WITH pr0n!

Yellowhair42

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have the fortunate luxury of having a wood burner in my bedroom. I use this to heat my entire house. Since it was 15 degrees out and essentially I would be doing the same thing outside, I decided to be warm tonight. I got the recipe from here. Big thanks to Landarc and his Grandpa Kwock for sharing the Char Siu recipe here. Now, I haven't figured how to post all the pics in one post yet with commentary in between so bear with me and the multiple pr0n posts. It will be worth it. First pic, my poison.

Attachments

• zz1.jpg
    zz1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 636
Due to the BS in life, this marinated for about 48 hours.

Attachments

• zs1.jpg
    zs1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 631
I see there are some E.W. fans already. I am not a rich man and can't afford J.D. all the time.

Got my "lump" ready. A mix of hickory and white oak. Please don't crucify me for heating my house with premo smoking wood. I live a humble existance and do what I have to. Neighbors down the road a bit had four acres logged and it's layin' everywhere rotting as you read this. I wish there was more I could do.

Attachments

• zs3.jpg
    zs3.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 614
No worries on the wood use. My firewood order for heating this year had a large amount of cherry!

With the help of a grate rescued from a P.O.S. electric grill I got from the scrap pile and two fire bricks, I'm all set to start the show.

Attachments

• zs4.jpg
    zs4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 605
My "lump" charcoal screamin' hot and ready, here's the first round. Plus I get to try out my Weber skewers that I got on Fall clearance for dirt cheap with the small pieces.

Attachments

• zs7.jpg
    zs7.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 595
Turned once. Getting some color and caramelization.

Attachments

• zs8.jpg
    zs8.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 592
Back