Beef Ribs. Cooking Like Cowgirl!!

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Every now and then I will go through Cowgirls cooking threads for inspiration and new ideas on how to cook things. This is something I did this week and saw that Jeanie will rub some bacon grease on her beef ribs. This is something I would have never thought of had it not been for her.
Thanks Jeanie!! :thumb:

So today I grabbed a rack of short ribs weighing in at over 6 1/2 pounds and coated them with bacon grease, kosher salt and corse black pepper, tossed it in my old camado with hardwood briquettes and a fist sized chunk of hickory.

I have started taking photos and will be posting them today.
Stay tuned!!

lol I love bacon drippings on everything. :becky:
Good luck with it Ray, I'm looking forward to your pics!

Outside of any type of meat or pot pie.....THIS is what I get uncontrollable hankerings for!!

Thanks for stoking the flames of my desire to drive 2 hours to restaurant depot to get some ribs!!!:laugh::laugh:

Silverfinger cooking beef ribs like cowgirl - yup, this'll be a good 'un! :clap2:

Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Love the beef ribs and yours are looking really good. You gotta try em with the Oak Ridge Black Ops. They come out awesome. I have done beef the last 4 times so I had to go with spares yesterday.:clap:

Back