Beef Clod. A 33 pound monster.

SGH

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have always really liked beef clod. More so than brisket. However no one seems to cook it any more. That's really sad as it is a delicacy. Here is a 33 pounder that I smoked over a little oak and pecan. Hope that yall enjoy.

Last edited:
nice job !!!! It's not easy to find clod in the Memphis area but it sure does make great pulled beef !

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
Man that looks good!

• Thanks
Man that looks great! I don't know what I would do with that much beef. I have a hard time with a 10LB brisket.

• Thanks
Yeag....Clod to pull !!!

One of my favorite things of all !!!!

Used to get 'little' ones that were 17~18#'s.....boy that stuff's good....

Freezes pretty well also, so even a big one's an OK deal for packing up portions......:clap:

• Thanks
Good Lord Scotty .... i am going to do one soon.... after seeing this it is a must...... i guess you did that in the main chamber???? that thing is awesome!!!!!!

• Thanks
Monsterous cut! I don't think I know enough people to share that with. I saw one at a restaurant supply store and was sure tempted by the price but it was Mexican beef so I had some trepidation. I would enjoy butchering it in to more manageable pieces but wouldn't know where to begin. It would sure make a lot of burger but that seemed like a sin.

• Thanks
Love them Clod's, we buy them all the time to butcher out, 50% beef roasts, and 50% hamburger. Still have not tried one on the pit thou :(

• Thanks
Questions! Where did you get it, and times, temps?

• Thanks
Man that looks good! Love the looks of your pit in action too. Mighty fine!

• Thanks
Monsterous cut! I don't think I know enough people to share that with. I saw one at a restaurant supply store and was sure tempted by the price but it was Mexican beef so I had some trepidation. I would enjoy butchering it in to more manageable pieces but wouldn't know where to begin. It would sure make a lot of burger but that seemed like a sin.

You can just cut it in half............

clodribszukes012.jpg

or down to big chuck roast size pieces.......

clodribszukes031.jpg

.........or part out the muscles the long way, along the sinew lines (see his unpackaged pic, easy to spot the lines) & cook the pieces separately.......

Some med. rare to slice for roast beef, some to a longer temp to pull......

Great stuff !!!

I can get chuck roll all day long... never have seen clod locally. Sometimes I will get one in Denver.

Nice cooking.

I have never cooked one, in part, large part, because I rarely need to cook that much meat, and I can't fit it into my UDS

• Thanks
Good Lord Scotty .... i am going to do one soon.... after seeing this it is a must...... i guess you did that in the main chamber???? that thing is awesome!!!!!!

No sir. It fit perfect on the bottom shelf of the warmer. I removed all the other shelves to give me access to work on it though.

That looks awesome!! I know GTR smoked one awhile back. I never even herd of one intel then.

Please fill us in on how long it took you to cook it and at what temp.

• Thanks
Can someone explain this piece of beef to me? Its the shoulder, but isn't that the chuck? :confused:

Can someone explain this piece of beef to me? Its the shoulder, but isn't that the chuck? :confused:

I'd like to know more about it too. I've done a few chuck rolls, how different is clod? They look the same. Is the name just different in certain areas?

That is an awesome cook. Would love to pull a few chunks of that monster and toss em on a warm corn tort with some pico de gallo and I'd be in heaven!!:becky:

Bob

• Thanks
I've only done clod a few times but it is great for pulled beef. Cut up the huge mass into smaller portions and smoke away! That one is massive :shock:

• Thanks
Back