The New Blackstone Grill + Kabob Grill--Unboxing and details

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Words echo in my head, "What farking nerd would do a unboxing video for things?" :becky: My youngest brother's words and he feels that way about any unboxing videos and such. :laugh:

Well, I'm not actually doing a video but a thread since a bunch of people have possible interest in this grill. :biggrin1:

Ok, lets jump into it. I initially ordered from Amazon but they were out of stock so I found it on GriddleGuru.com, cancelled Amazon and ordered with GG. Doing so I guess I also saved about $18 by avoiding tax since it was coming from out of state. Ok! :-D Both Amazon and GG offer free shipping BTW. Total cost $199.99.

Just to make it simple, the metal thickness is just about the same as this Brinkmann or comparable ones that most everyone is familiar with it.

A00Y_1_20120606_6685615.jpg

PROS:

Very afforadable and you get a lot for your $

It should do what it advertises very well

Heavy duty casters for its size

Hefty cast iron grates

Sturdy adjustable charcoal basket

Electric roti for spinning your kabobs. Major plus IMO and main reason I bought it

Lid and dampers along with the adjustable basket to avoid flare ups/control heat

Really nice skewers and wide enough to avoid "meat flopping"

Heavy duty handles

Solid roti assemby

Excellent customer service

CONS:

Thin metal

Front charcoal door unnecessary

Bottom/pullout ashtray should have been thicker gauge. At least the charcoal sits in the basket and that should spare the bottom some.

OVERALL:

No regrets on the purchase and this should last at least a few years. Honestly for $199 I'm not complaining. Just wish they made it thicker gauge or at least slightly thicker and charged more. Only concern is the residual heat damage to the bottom and time will tell.

----------------------------------------------

Here's what I got 5 days after placing the order. SPECS SAY 130-135 LBS BUT THE WHOLE BOX WEIGHED IN AT 103 LBS IF ANYBODY CARES

boSFe1nh.png

1s7rNKth.png

Owning both the Blackstone griddle and pizza oven I'll say that they upped their packing game. Everything came in with no damage.

K1OuAXUh.png

zJTp2Mvh.png

Y'all get the idea

9rvyE5uh.png

Lid

4xOKQuxh.png

Skewers

QhvK9MVh.png

Pretty good quality and not flimsy

RLeJKabh.png

Ye7e1Brh.png

Next the cast iron grates and they're very decent to say the least

ImgHNp6h.png

MeAew17h.png

Legs (two stationary and two casters)

raWFxfth.png

Again good quality

Ec3TB8lh.png

Assembled really well

0Xu7vyHh.png

Until the side handle install when I either cross threaded the bolt or it was just defective as trying to unscrew it after getting it stuck I broke the bolt. Not a big deal because I remember people having similar issues on the BS pizza oven as the handles are identical and BS customer service sent me tracking info with the replacement parts in less than 12 hours. :thumb:

vLTj1dRh.png

With the skewers on

mVqFf1ch.png

The roti assembly that the motor attaches to for spinning

6ZjtqUyh.png

Cast iron grates

CT4TJNih.png

Skewer slots on the side shelf for hanging when not it use. Pretty sweet!

u9UayQhh.png

Some rough measures on the the size to get an idea

About 26" grilling length

F3V2PMah.png

About 16" width

yDXSe2xh.png

Adjustable height charcoal grate length which is pretty decent quality looks aside (24")

5U9HM9ah.png

And width (13")

vctkPQkh.png

Removable ash pan and door to add coals if needed (not necessary IMO)

2cI7S0nh.png

That's about it. I plan to cook on it Saturday.

Last edited:
Nice review. I ordered on Sunday from Amazon and got it yesterday. Won't be able to even open it until at least Saturday. Look forward to your first cook.

Thanks for the pics and the post Sako. Answers all of the questions I had. Looking forward to your first cook on it. I know it's going to be killer! :thumb:

Great rundown! Looking forward to your first cook.

My brother assembled his and I'll check to out this weekend. I think he also broke the handle like you did, and exact same failure mode :wink:

That looks like a pretty solid rig! I don't cook very much kabobs! I honestly forget kabobs exist! Maybe I should make some kabobs to throw on the smoker tomorrow

Nice review. I ordered on Sunday from Amazon and got it yesterday. Won't be able to even open it until at least Saturday. Look forward to your first cook.

Thanks SD! Saw that you got it on the other thread. I plan on spinning cubed pork belly, lamb chops, ground pork butt kabobs (first time giving that a try) with a dry aged cowboy chop grilled on the grates. My uncle's coming to repaint the laundry room and he just wants bbq in exchange. :becky: I said yes of course. Hate painting.

Thanks for the pics and the post Sako. Answers all of the questions I had. Looking forward to your first cook on it. I know it's going to be killer! :thumb:

Thank you Jeanie!! It should perform well now that I've had hands on.

Great rundown! Looking forward to your first cook.

My brother assembled his and I'll check to out this weekend. I think he also broke the handle like you did, and exact same failure mode :wink:

Lol, yes. That was an issue for a lot of guys on the oven. I remembered it after the fact.

That looks like a pretty solid rig! I don't cook very much kabobs! I honestly forget kabobs exist! Maybe I should make some kabobs to throw on the smoker tomorrow

Thanks Blaze! I like kabobs since they're fast and easy to do and people love em. Give it a shot.

BTW. I've been busy and barely getting a chance to respond regarding the...

Very cool cooking tool there. If anybody can make great food on that it will be you. Can't wait to see your cook thread.

Very cool cooking tool there. If anybody can make great food on that it will be you. Can't wait to see your cook thread.

That is true! He makes great food on anything. Then I'll go and buy it and jack up dinner. :biggrin1:

Looking forward to some good cooks!!

Thanks Sako nice review. Looking forward to the cook.

How many farking smokers / cookers do you have? I wonder if there is a step program for that?

That said, looking forward to another amazing cook... :mrgreen:

Heller good review Sako! That thing looks like an incredible value at that price point, I'm looking forward to seeing you "smash 'em into parking lot over a high center field wall" on this cooker!

Looking Good, Sako! I wasn't expecting you to get that so soon at all. Can't wait to see what goodness comes off that thing :thumb:

How many farking smokers / cookers do you have? I wonder if there is a step program for that?

That said, looking forward to another amazing cook... :mrgreen:

Too many Terry lol. Gotta thing thin the herd yet "again".

Um....... Were all in it! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yep! If Moose hadn't posted his thread I wouldn't have been aware and bought it. Eventually I would've came across it I'm thinking. :becky:

Heller good review Sako! That thing looks like an incredible value at that price point, I'm looking forward to seeing you "smash 'em into parking lot over a high center field wall" on this cooker!

Thanks Chris!!

Looking Good, Sako! I wasn't expecting you to get that so soon at all. Can't wait to see what goodness comes off that thing :thumb:

Thanks Matt! It was pretty quick and would've got it earlier if it didn't sit at the warehouse for two days after the label was created. Apparently there was a bunch going out which caused the "delay"

Thanks guys!! Cooking on it tomorrow.

Back