Prime Brisket Costco/North NJ??

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Hi Any one in Bergen County or close by know of any Costco's in the area that sells Prime Briskets? I've been to few awhile back but never saw any prime.
I'm just reading sooo many posts about Costco prime brisket at $2.98 lb that I thought I'd ask. Would really like to try a prime brisket.
Thanks DanB

Our Costco here south of you, only puts out flats in the display, I have to ask for a packer, sometimes they have them, sometimes they don't.

Dan I'm in NJ as well and never seen a packer in Costco and its maddening. I've been asking them for years to get whole packers and seem like they just don't care. I now use a friends restaurant depot card. Before that I would have to go to a butcher and they weren't cheap but excellent quality.

Hi I also have been getting my packers at the RD. I keep reading about the prime briskets at Costco,for a nice price.
DanB

Prime

OK so I'm guessing with not too much action with this thread, that Costco prime briskets are not available in North NJ.
Awhile back I spoke to a small butcher about prime briskets, he quoted me a price of $6.00 lb, which I thought was good. Have to go back to him and see what price is now.
DanB

I live very close to you and occasionally visit the Costco in Nanuet, where I have never seen prime brisket, let alone any packer cut. I once bought a prime packer at Steve's in Ramsey and it was great, though I don't remember the price. Just make sure to tell them not to trim it if you're looking for the packer.

We're in Union County and I don't think I've ever seen anything other than a flat sold at any of our Costco's.

Just cooked a prime brisket from Costco yesterday. 2.89/lb. But I'm in the KC area

I'm in NorCal and asked about brisket yesterday at Costco and the guy looked at me like I had a leg coming out of my face.

Only seasonal here and he didn't know when they start coming in, the grade of the meat or the price per pound. Then again, it was the only guy available in the meat dept and they stuck him with boxing up rotisserie chickens. I'll check back but nothing here yet.

I was in Costco by me in Staten Island yesterday and I noticed the Prime Brisket which has all the fat cut off and trimmed. Across the aisle was a packer flat untrimmed in a cryovac which I is what I normally buy. Isn't the packer a better choice ? That is what I was led to believe.

I was in Costco by me in Staten Island yesterday and I noticed the Prime Brisket which has all the fat cut off and trimmed. Across the aisle was a packer flat untrimmed in a cryovac which I is what I normally buy. Isn't the packer a better choice ? That is what I was led to believe.

The packer has the point. Best part.

Bummer on the NOT to be found Costco prime briskets in North Jersey.:pray:
Going too check out the local butcher for prime briskets/packers
DanB

Dan I once asked at the then Hackensack now Teterboro Costco. They told me they don't carry them. I'm wondering if we can get them to order a box if a few of us go in on it. The SKU is well known so I don't see why the manager can't order it.

Keep checking back with Costco. I'd never seen them until about a month ago here in WA. They had prime packers for $3.19/lb. I didn't buy, but went in after the 15th to find that they were down to $2.89/lb. Nice looking packers, too. I bought 2 and threw them in the freezer. I don't know if it's something they've decided to carry, or if it's for a limited time.

At Costco in Nashau NH yesterday no Briskets at all and when they carry them they carry Choice only.
So disappointing to drive 1 hr 20 min from Maine and listen to the meat cutters drone on about all the requests for Briskies and seem put out about the inquiries made about meat stock etc

Keep checking back with Costco. I'd never seen them until about a month ago here in WA. They had prime packers for $3.19/lb. I didn't buy, but went in after the 15th to find that they were down to $2.89/lb. Nice looking packers, too. I bought 2 and threw them in the freezer. I don't know if it's something they've decided to carry, or if it's for a limited time.

Great price for prime briskets..I'll keep checking
Thanks DanB

Costco

Dan I once asked at the then Hackensack now Teterboro Costco. They told me they don't carry them. I'm wondering if we can get them to order a box if a few of us go in on it. The SKU is well known so I don't see why the manager can't order it.

Sam
Sounds like a good plan.. Can't be but 4-5 in a case. Prime for that price 2.98 is a bargain, case should less a lb.. Lets see what happens.
I'm in:clap2:
Who else in Bergen County would like to join us in this endeavor, Costco prime briskets, get then while you can:-D
DanB
PS I don't belong to Costco

Last edited:
Prime Brisket

Where are all the Bergen County briskets cooks hiding?
This could be a great deal to get prime brisket at a good price.
Prime should really help you get the brisket like Franklin does:doh:
DanB

I'd be interested in a few prime, untrimmed packers.

Back