Chicken Thigh Yield

kghart

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I've been scouring the forums for information on yield for boneless/skinless chicken thighs and can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Can someone give me an idea what to expect?

WOW, you guys with 60% yield on boneless skinless thighs. I get 75% yield minimum. I do pulled chicken sandwiches every week. About 25 pounds of Boneless skinless thighs and usually 19 pounds or more yield, And that is with basic Walmart thighs.

WOW, you guys with 60% yield on boneless skinless thighs. I get 75% yield minimum. I do pulled chicken sandwiches every week. About 25 pounds of Boneless skinless thighs and usually 19 pounds or more yield, And that is with basic Walmart thighs.

Sorry it freaks you out. Minimum, as in most of the time you get even higher than 75%? What is your average yield then?

Sorry it freaks you out. Minimum, as in most of the time you get even higher than 75%? What is your average yield then?

I will get 25 lbs every week, cook them up and I count on at least 18 pounds. I am pretty sure we have gotten over 20 before but I dont have exact leftover written down in my bun order. I order buns for 18 pounds. and usually have a bit of meat left over. Only twice this year did we have buns left but out of meat(when we have sold out on pulled chicken :grin:) and it was 3 buns once and 4 buns the other time. I write down all that little stuff because as my wife says I take meticulous notes, actually she says a different word for it.

Back