Ribeye on the Weber Summit

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQnQUX-0DY[/ame]

These ribeye turned out ridiculously good. I got them at Sam's Club (been shopping at Costco for the last few years.)

I tried to make this video more "laid back" and I think I accomplished that because after my wife watched it, she said she wanted to take a nap. I didn't know whether to be offended or proud of myself. lol

Looks great perfectly cooked. Our sam's club has good steaks also

You are killing me with that cooker. You know that...right.

Beautiful!

Doing ribeye tonight on the grill. I hope they come out even half that nice

Beautiful steak BBM!!!

Sorry, I think I'm gonna agree with your Misses though... To artsy, need more :blah::blah:. Just sayin'

Good stuff as usual. I noticed your description says you put the charcoal grate on the lower position? Is there any reason to not use the upper position?

^Never mind, I saw your response in the comments. The lower position is definitely more forgiving. I put my charcoal in the charcoal basket and used the upper position. The charcoal was literally touching the cooking grate. My steak was burned so badly but edible.

Last edited:
Nice cooking. How do you keep your grate so clean? I have so much build up in between.

Good stuff as usual. I noticed your description says you put the charcoal grate on the lower position? Is there any reason to not use the upper position?

^Never mind, I saw your response in the comments. The lower position is definitely more forgiving. I put my charcoal in the charcoal basket and used the upper position. The charcoal was literally touching the cooking grate. My steak was burned so badly but edible.

Yeah, I am still trying to figure out this camera so I wanted to give myself as much latitude as possible. I usually use the upper position. Thanks for watching.

Beautiful steak BBM!!!

Sorry, I think I'm gonna agree with your Misses though... To artsy, need more :blah::blah:. Just sayin'

You may regret that piece of feedback. lol. Yeah, I was trying something new. Ordinarily, I'm one to talk your ear off. Thanks for watching.

Saw the summit at bbq's galore in Torrance, Ca today. Looked amazing, but the price bout gave me a heart attack.

Nice job on them ribeyes. Sams does carry a good ribeye. There asking 11.00 a lb right now but you can always pick some good ones out of the pile.

That was great. Not to long not to short and hit every point I look for. I was thinking I hope he shows the internal temp of the finished steak and then you did. Great video.

Great job!

We are currently in a red meatathon at my house due to having the local butcher put his hamburger on sale for the ridiculously low price of $1.68/lb if you buy a 10 lb bag. It's fresh, local and tasty along with the fact that I can't remotely come close to grinding it myself for that price. But, I believe your video has persuaded me to switch to some big choice ribeyes which are also on sale for around $7/lb.:mrgreen:

Variety is the spice of life after-all. LOL

Nice cooking. How do you keep your grate so clean? I have so much build up in between.

I know this sounds crazy but I use a 4 inch putty knife. I don't like using steel bristled brushes anymore due to the risk of them flaking off and getting stuck inside of people. (normally I don't worry about stuff like that but it actually happened to my neighbor and nearly killed her.) So started looking for alternatives and landed on the putty knife for the Craycort. I should probably work that into a video.

Thanks for asking.

Great job again. I know you got the grate from the company; how are you liking it?

I'm impressed you were able to keep that Craycort so clean. I had a Craycort in my Kettle and I always struggled with the crevices.

I started using a putty knife for my griddles on the Joe's. I never though of using a putty knife on regular grates.

At some you have to show off a high temp Pizza cook on the summit.

I know this sounds crazy but I use a 4 inch putty knife. I don't like using steel bristled brushes anymore due to the risk of them flaking off and getting stuck inside of people. (normally I don't worry about stuff like that but it actually happened to my neighbor and nearly killed her.) So started looking for alternatives and landed on the putty knife for the Craycort. I should probably work that into a video.

Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna run out later today and purchase one. I quit using those bristle brushes too for the very same reason. Thanks again.

Great job again. I know you got the grate from the company; how are you liking it?

I love it. It can rust if you don't keep it oiled and it's heavier. I don't mind spraying the craycort every now and then with vegetable oil (which is all it really requires) and I like the way things cook (and look) on the Craycort. I feel like things cook a little faster and more evenly on the cast iron.

I like the stock grate too though, but it comes with the Weber Gourmet circle which makes it hard to hang from the side hook. I wish Weber made a ss grate without the hole but they don't. SS is less maintenance and gives you easier access add coal on the sides with a full grate.

If I was mainly smoking stuff (that was too big to get you pull out one of the 4 grids to access coals), I'd probably recommend sticking with the EOM grate, but if you like grilling direct and you like cool sear marks (I know not everyone cares about that) than the Craycort is great.

Back