A picture is worth a thousand words (ultimate pron)

new-england-style-hot-dog-buns-7849892.jpg

I never really noticed until I started assembling my menu ideas (mostly burgers an dogs) for the MKT Project. . But you cannot get these sum bytches in Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now in my opinon, some of the best dogs I ever had were in New England towns. Those foot long dogs, somewhat roasted, or even slow simmered first, then roasted, then split to have their insides grilled a bit. But that bun... toasted on each side... making a crunch and a snap when you bite into it. Uggghh!

PizzaHotdogsCTroadtrip_10.jpg

This is a Connecticut Split Dawg.... another way to take a wiener and get an extra dimension of flavor.

Last edited:
If I was where those buns are available, it wouldn't be a hotdogs going in them!:mrgreen:

Does anyone else eat peanut butter and hotdogs?? My mother got me hooked on them with I was little and I have spread the word far and wide. have never met anyone who gave them the time of day who didn't like em'. They are best 2 at a time sliced down the middle with a thick layer of CRUNCHY peanut butter on regular sandwich bread.

:thumb:

Does anyone else eat peanut butter and hotdogs?? My mother got me hooked on them with I was little and I have spread the word far and wide. have never met anyone who gave them the time of day who didn't like em'. They are best 2 at a time sliced down the middle with a thick layer of CRUNCHY peanut butter on regular sandwich bread.

:thumb:

No, but one of my brothers used to eat peanut butter, bologna and ketchup sammies.:shock:

A vote for peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. My mom use to like those.

Back