Behind the scenes of the grand opening of the newest BBQ Brethren BBQ joint

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Before I say anything I want you all to know that I would not be in this situation without the support and knowledge base of the BBQ Brethren. I joined this site 2 years ago primarily for the comp forum and since that point I have stopped competing and am running a bbq business on Friday and Saturday nights. The list of those that have influenced me is endless. Bob (landarc) for giving me business advice, Dave (dwfisk) for inspiring me to start building pits, Garrett for spending countless nights away from his family while building my whole hog pit, and Joe (Boshizzle) for inspiring me to create experiences, not just food.

So here we go, the week started with the largest food purchase of my life. Luckily we have an old 1920 conveyor to help move food to the walk in.

Bad news: trimming 25 briskets is a lot of work. good news: when you can prep next to a brew operation while hanging out with friends (the brewers). that's my 12 ft prep table.

we had a soft opening friday night with our families and those that helped us renovate the building. saturday at 2 the doors opened.

We were staffed up and ready, although I had only slept about 4 hours in teh previous 2 days.

The building immediately filled to capacity and stayed that way day long.

I didnt have much time to take pics, but I did take a moment to provide you with the classic BBQ Brethren bend test.

and a tray of food. wonder where I learned about fattys?

and the best part about selling bbq in a brewery: taking the apron off and hanging with my friends after a successful opening

the brewhouse had major attention on social media. by far my favorite was this. one of their beers is named after the Church across the street. They posted this pic, needless to say they are happy with their new neighbors

If you ever find yourself near Woodstock, Va on a Friday or Saturday evening (5 PM-9 PM F, 4 PM-9 PM S) please let me know, I would love to show you around.

YaaaaaaHoooooo, gonna find me some time and put some gas in the truck. Here is wishing you best of fortunes, the digs, grub & brew looks top shelf!

Awesome Shenco, congrats on the successful opening. Hopefully your success continues.

What a sweet joint and venture! Congratulations and well wishes for a full house every day!!! And oh man...fatty sammies?!? YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. :icon_smil

That's amazing. It's what I dream about doing someday as well. Congrats on all the success! Looks like a great place to eat some great bbq and drink some craft beers.

I wanna Go THERE!!!!!!!

Was it Grand Opening for both? BBQ and Brewery? Is the Brewery Fri/Sat only also? It's 2 seperate business's? or yall partnered' up?

Are you cooking on site? in what smoker?

Back