Comp trailer frig

Gerrit_Boys

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For you guys with refrigerators in your trailers, do you look for a smaller one? My trailer is 7' wide and I'm worried that a standard sized kitchen unit will eat up alot of width. Also, I found an all refrigerator (no top freezer)with a small footprint, but it has glass shelves. Would they break while boinging down the road? Here's what it looks like: http://www.mannystv.com/catalog/brand/DAN/REF/FREFALL/danby_dar1102we.html
Any thoughts?

Watch your local Craigslist for one like Getyourrubonbbq said. I found one couple years old for $100. works great in my 7x14 trailer. Can hold alot of stuff.

i have a 14.8 cu foot in mine.. fridgadaire, was $350 new and is more than enough for comps.

use an chest frezzer frezzze it down then turn off and put in the meat it is good for two days no problem if it starts dropping run it for an while and then turn if off (don't for get to turn it off not saying that i have done this:rolleyes:)

I have a full size fridge in my trailer. My trailer is 8' wide.
trailer009w.jpg

I found one like this on craigslist just now, I've looked on there before with no luck. I'm trying to arrange a pickup right now. Thanks for reminding me on CL Getyourubon!

we have a full size one that I picked up from Lowes for $399.99 on sale.

I ended up paying 350 for this one. It's a freezerless refrigerator, which is what I was trying to find and its counter depth (I have a 7' wide trailer). Only thing is its 120 miles away, but mt brother in law will pick it up so all is good.

When you are on the road, do you rely on the refrigerator to pretty much hold temp. I was curious about an invertor or a generator running in the truck or any other ideas any of you may have. Thanks in advance.

We have a 7x14 trailer and had a 14 cubic foot fridge/freezer last year. I took it out this year as it takes up too much space. A smaller one, just fridge, may be in the plans but I'm not sure.

As for holding temps while on the road - we used to freeze 2-4 milk jugs filled with water, and then throw those in the fridge before hitting the road. Our longest time without power was probably 7 hours or so and everything was fine.

We have a 7x14 trailer and had a 14 cubic foot fridge/freezer last year. I took it out this year as it takes up too much space. A smaller one, just fridge, may be in the plans but I'm not sure.

As for holding temps while on the road - we used to freeze 2-4 milk jugs filled with water, and then throw those in the fridge before hitting the road. Our longest time without power was probably 7 hours or so and everything was fine.

same here.. we would crank the fridge all the way down a few hours before leaving so it was below 30 degrees when we left, and would put 4-5 blue freezer packs in on the meats. We were good for 7-8 hours easy.

We also have a freezerless counter width fridge and it works great in our setup (I think you probably saw it @ Vermilion). Same thing on the travel, just turn it down before you head out, mine loses about 1 degree an hour when its warm out, I can get a long ways in that time :)

Pellet Envy Rod has an all fridge fridge that is a nice size and is Lp / Elec RV fridge. be nice for limited power situations.​

Thanks everyone. It sounds like I'll be fine as we really don't travel too far from home. BTW Smokin' Joe, that's the coolest camping/contest rig I've seen. Are you planning on being in Vermillion again?

Thanks, we really like it! We haven't set the 2nd half of our schedule yet, but we had a good time last year and I imagine we will be making the trip again

Back